• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Browning s-9 r 2700 radio

Staybolt

Mar 20, 2013
Picked up these birds today. The transmitter is a 6 ch and the receiver 23 ch. I did not get the cords. Anyone have any ideas how to make them up? Any clues or an I empty handed with a door stop radio?

Cords?

The transmitter should have a coax with a PL259 on the end coming out the back.

The round 8- pin plug only uses two pins. Connect pin 4 on the transmitter socket to pin 4 on the receiver socket. Do the same thing for pin 5.

This radio is 55-plus years old. The receiver is famous for costing a mint to bring back to life. It has the dreaded "K-Tran" disease.

Reactions: Jay Mojave
I have no idea what you mean. Sorry I'm not no expert on these radios. The cords are the ones that connect the transmitter to receiver.

I tried to post a pic on here but it wont let me. There is no pl 259 on the back of the transmitter.

Cords?

The transmitter should have a coax with a PL259 on the end coming out the back.

The round 8- pin plug only uses two pins. Connect pin 4 on the transmitter socket to pin 4 on the receiver socket. Do the same thing for pin 5.

This radio is 55-plus years old. The receiver is famous for costing a mint to bring back to life. It has the dreaded "K-Tran" disease.

Nope not mine. I got it to receive and it receives well....

Attachments

• 20200831_131106.jpg
    20200831_131106.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Wow, that IS an old one! I thought the original "S9" model had nine channels. The "23S9" is a lot more common around here. Has a channel selector with 23 crystals.

The antenna coax goes to the large coax jack. The smaller, black-tarnished jack just beneath it is called a "BNC" socket. What you need is a coax jumper with a BNC plug on one end for the transmitter and a PL259 on the other end that plugs into the receiver's antenna socket. This allows the relay inside the transmitter to connect the antenna to the receiver only while receiving.

A round 8-pin plug on both ends of a cable is needed to connect the transmitter to the receiver. This type plug is commonly called an "octal" type. The original manufacturer was Amphenol. Their part number was 86-CP8. This cable shuts down the receiver while transmitting and activates the receiver when you're not transmitting. You only need two wires for this one. A wire from pin 4 on one end to pin 4 on the other end. And a wire from pin 5 on the plug at one end to pin 5 on the plug at the other end.

A year or three after this model was new Browning provided this cable coming out the back of the later transmitters, with the 8-pin octal plug on the end.

Reactions: Staybolt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated