• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Budget Base set up

Well I did get it working, but there is too much lag after you hit the TX button, takes a couple of seconds to switch to VFO b transmit and back to VFO a for RX. It probably has to do with the poor com port routines and all the extra software like virtual com ports that I had to install to get HRD to work with the Rigblaster PnP ..

I just started reading up on the serial stuff included with the HRD, gonna experiment with that and see if its ant better, or even works with the RigBlaster PnP.

I do have a nice set of cables from the guy in England but I dont have a good USB to Serial converter, the one I have is a prolific chip set and its nothing but problems with HRD.

Here is a pic of me on the roof doing the final install.

onroof.jpg

Here is a link to the NA1SS Contact !! http://w1med.net/blog/media/blogs/a/elkantenna/NA1SSdeW1MED.mp3

Last edited:
I think the Wouxun USB programming cable uses the prolific driver, the cable works on my XP laptop but doesn't on my WIN7 laptop. Wouxun.com does have an updated vista/win7 usb driver listed(8/10/2010) that may help even with your HRD issues.

Nice recording with the ISS

Link to new USB driver: China Two Way Radios,Handheld Walkie Talkies & Interphone

I gave it a try and get the Blue Screen of Death, this is an old Prolific unit, I will try to find one with the FTID chipset.

I'm not real happy with the rig blaster, I have to make adjustments almost every time I key up. and I always get 3 bars of ALC no matter what the settings, could be the sound card, so I might try an external USB Sound card.

Thanks

Craig

An actual physical serial port may be needed, I know from experience at work that a lot of the USB/serial converters aren't what they need to be. For a laptop it would cost over $30 outside of ebay for an expresscard serial port.

Here is an old post from QRZ that I posted to just to be able to find it again, turning down the buffer on the USB/serial might help
http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=182145

Ok so the Budget setup has taken on a life of its own and gotten completely out of control.

I now have a 25' Tower, a Yaesu G-5400B AZ/EL Rotator, a Gulf Alpha Dual Band 6' Yagi on order, a Fox Delta Computer control Interface and I just bought a used FT-847 Satellite Base Rig ...

So much for the Budget Base system, but when its all put together this should be a Great Satellite base system.

I'll start a new thread when its all together and functioning as well as a lot of new pictures.

Ok Time to go up the tower and get the rotator mounted.

Craig

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.