• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bulldog Watt meter

If you could pick it up for $50 bucks that would be a good deal, you could send it back to Carl ( N9EFJ ) and have him calibrate it for you.
The guy on E bay is smoking crack.
That Meter ( the one on E Bay ) is no longer being made, but Carl still makes one, it uses a Square Meter movement, not the round one.
The Original Bull Dog was only good for 26 thru 28 MHz ( got to figure that was built for the CB market)
The new one, is said to be for 3.5 thru 30 MHz.
New it is $199.99
As far as how Accurate it is, here is Carl `s own words:

Carl, N9EFJ wrote:
The forward and reflected switch directs the signal thru its selected route. The average and peak switch adds a passive capacitor to the meter to provide a peak reading. Since this is not an active wattmeter, the indicated wattage is almost twice that of the average reading. The peak reading is of course relative.

The Bulldog wattmeter is calibrated by an industry standard and reads wattage correctly. Accuracy is very good but is influenced by the load presented to the meter. Lower or higher than 50 ohm loads will certainly alter the accuracy of the Bulldog. The Bulldog manual provides complete information. The Bulldog wattmeter is guaranteed for life to the original purchaser.

Please Note:
Since this is not an active wattmeter, the indicated wattage is almost twice that of the average reading. The peak reading is of course relative.

<Relative> This is why I asked the Question about 1250 watts out of 4 2879`s........... ( 650 watts X 2= 1300 so Carl`s statement about twice the Avg is real close for a relative reading)

Carl, N9EFJ wrote:

Reads like a Bird and swings like a Dosy.

For $200 buck`s, and a life time warranty, Ok if you really like the look`s of it, that is your choice.
Some guy`s love to watch the meter go swing swing swing.
But I still say to buy one for $500 you have to be high on dope.

I have no Idea why 137 got his panties in a twist, no one called it a total piece of shit, but he had to go off like a dog with tick`s.

Jeff

If you could pick it up for $50 bucks that would be a good deal, you could send it back to Carl ( N9EFJ ) and have him calibrate it for you.
The guy on E bay is smoking crack.
That Meter ( the one on E Bay ) is no longer being made, but Carl still makes one, it uses a Square Meter movement, not the round one.
The Original Bull Dog was only good for 26 thru 28 MHz ( got to figure that was built for the CB market)
The new one, is said to be for 3.5 thru 30 MHz.
New it is $199.99
As far as how Accurate it is, here is Carl `s own words:

Carl, N9EFJ wrote:

Please Note:

<Relative> This is why I asked the Question about 1250 watts out of 4 2879`s........... ( 650 watts X 2= 1300 so Carl`s statement about twice the Avg is real close for a relative reading)

Carl, N9EFJ wrote:

For $200 buck`s, and a life time warranty, Ok if you really like the look`s of it, that is your choice.
Some guy`s love to watch the meter go swing swing swing.
But I still say to buy one for $500 you have to be high on dope.

I have no Idea why 137 got his panties in a twist, no one called it a total piece of shit, but he had to go off like a dog with tick`s.

Jeff

i seem to have a habit of watching the meter go swing swing swing (y) also know sometimes swing isn't the best

i seem to have a habit of watching the meter go swing swing swing also know sometimes swing isn't the best
Hahaha ....I think we all where that way at one time.
I did the same thing lots of years ago.
Example:
President Zachery T base radio, chopped out AMC, turner JM+3 mic, CPI Talk Power speech processor/compressor, Wawasee JB12 singe tube modulator, Palomar 300-A sweep tube amp all in a line with the dead key out of the amp at about 8 watts.
Holy crap did it have swing, impressed all my friends in town the first weekend.
Then they all started bitching at me because no one could hear anything when I was talking.
It only took 2 weeks for one of the local Ham op`s to track me down and say hello.
Turned out he really was a good guy, helped me fix the hacked AMC in the radio and adjust it so it did not sound like crap.
Took the JB 12 out of line, and stopped over driving the Palomar, and my friends started talking to me again lol.

Jeff

Crap! how did I miss this thread in the first place? This is some funny stuff right here. I like a man who is not afraid to tell a bunch of other people that they are full of shit with little or any provocation. :laugh:

I suppose since he has already stated that he does not care what anyone else here says or thinks he would not mind if I stated that he sounds like an arrogant ass to me. :D

I like to call it "Searching for Suckers". :laugh:

Problem is, given enough time he will find one. (or several)

I can't sell like that on eBay or anywhere else, I have to look myself in the face every morning when I shave.

Crap! how did I miss this thread in the first place? This is some funny stuff right here. I like a man who is not afraid to tell a bunch of other people that they are full of shit with little or any provocation. :laugh:

I suppose since he has already stated that he does not care what anyone else here says or thinks he would not mind if I stated that he sounds like an arrogant ass to me. :D

No I Don't mind at all, I'll take it as a compliment.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.