• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

bullet proof amps

tvrc18

May 1, 2011
were can you buy a bullet proof brand amp? I see them on amature linears page but see no way to order or inquire?

If you want a bullet proof amp, thry an Alpha, or maybe a Tokyo Highpower.
Rich

gatl-5a.jpg

I have a Bullet Proof 2 pill with 1446 finals. It's an exellent AB amplifier and has the best "variable" SSB delay I have ever seen. There is a VR pot on the back of the amp that lets you set the delay time. AMA is the only place I ever saw selling them. Sparkys cb shack did sell them at one time but I think they are no longer selling them. I will see if I can locate them for sale on the web.

I have a Bullet Proof 2 pill with 1446 finals. It's an exellent AB amplifier and has the best "variable" SSB delay I have ever seen. There is a VR pot on the back of the amp that lets you set the delay time. AMA is the only place I ever saw selling them. Sparkys cb shack did sell them at one time but I think they are no longer selling them. I will see if I can locate them for sale on the web.

I have a 2 pill 2879 I built to which I incorporated the the same delay but I had no idea there was such an amp in production at the time I developed mine.

ps: mine is on the front of the amp because there was already a hole drilled there.

I saw that site but see no way to email or order, what's up with that?
Just my theory, but: if they provide a means to order, somebody would probably buy a "Bulletproof" amplifier.

If somebody bought one, he might blow it up, thereby proving that it wasn't bulletproof to begin with.

Therefore, no way to prove false advertising! Ta Da!!

I ended up buying this amp and have a couple of questions. Will a stock HR 2510 over drive this amp. I will mainly be on usb. Should I turn down the alc for less output from the 2510? It says in the add it has 2879's but the only info I found shows 1446's. I know that would over drive them.

That depends on a couple factors, such as what kind of overdrive protection the amp might have (if any) and the number of transistors.

Personally I wouldn't hit it with 25W+ if it's running a pair of SD1446s. 12W PEP is the absolute highest I would go, so yes you should turn it down.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned