• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BurningHAM 2014 Dates

Nice install, HDU (y)

Went to a local bone yard and removed a ladder from a Dodge camper van (cost me $5.00). I had to cut it down and relocate the top mounts to fit the Vanagon's rear hatch. This should make cleaning bird poop off of the solar panels a little easier :D

Ladder.JPG

While on the subject of poop ... I checked out the new Porta-Potty UPS delivered today. For those of you with inquiring minds,
NO, I HAVE NOT USED IT YET :tongue:

PortaPotty.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
My driver's side front tire tread separated today :blink: ... hope the spare is OK - I don't want to buy any 14" replacement tires, especially since I just got an email from the guy with the CLK wheels I want.

They're ready to ship, but I don't think they'll get here in time to have new tires installed before the trip. :headbang

CLK Wheels.jpeg

EDIT:

The spare looks OK, but the right front has seen better days as well. I checked several local tire shops, and nobody has the Yokohama Y356 LT195/75R14 tires in stock. Most said the can't contact their suppliers until Monday and they'd be 3 days out. Found a shop in Santa Monica that said they'll have two for me on Monday.

Pacific Coast Tire & Service
2445 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
424-268-2741 (Mike)

Last edited:
So, here it is, Monday, I get a phone call - my tires are in, and I start up the 405 to Santa Monica. About 1/3 of the way up - BOOM ... front left blew out. Lost one of my new hubcaps and ripped my new mud flap :blink:

Yoko1.JPG

Luckily I had a spare, but couldn't get the fucking lug bolts out :mad:

About 10 minutes later, a road-side assistance tow truck pulls up and we get the tire changed withing a few minutes. Got up to the tire store and got the 2 new tires ... will mount and balance them Tuesday night (y)

Yoko2.JPG

Also got my old CT-70 running (after sitting in my shed for 12 years). Decided to clean it up and painted some parts that were starting to rust. Tuned it up and cruised the alleys in my neighborhood tonight. It's running great :)

CT-70.JPG

Hoping HZD gets his new CT-70 completed (this pic was from last week). Not bad, considering it started out as a partial basket case we dug out of the back of my shop (y)

ct70 001.JPG

Bring your Mini too, BRY

:pop:

Last edited:
Are you bringing the CR? I'm leaving the 'killer XT-200' at home this trip :laugh:

I guess if I need to ride a real bike, maybe I can hop on one of Daryl's :unsure:

We'll see you and GEV later in the day ...

:pop:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.