• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BUS Antenna placement

Your two choices seem to be a crap antenna mounted in a good location (the three footer on the roof) or a better antenna/antennas in a crap location (anything hung off the side/sides). Either way you're going to be far from optimal.

I would probably lean towards the dual five foot fiberglass antennas that Robb suggested, especially if your locals are spread over any significant area. If mirror mounts won't work a similar setup could be done with two ball mounts. If by locals you mean the other buses in the stadium parking lot you may get by with a three footer on the roof. In the end you really won't know until you try.

Reactions: Lord-Maniac
ok so now i ask you guys with much more experience then i. for a stationary Base Antenna that i will raise on the top of the bus when parked .whats your thoughts A99/ Maco v5000 /102 wip/ i wouldn't think i would need a ground plane kit but i think some come with anyways thanks Maniac ..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.