• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Buying radios from Amazon

Hi guys. Just bought 5555n2 from amazon. Arrives sunday. Shipping it to scotts radios being here in canada isnt really an option so wondering what settings from stock are good to use if not tuned with an oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer. Wondering how it will be out of the box stock. feedback is appreciated. Thx

Reactions: Skip seeker
Hi guys. Just bought 5555n2 from amazon. Arrives sunday. Shipping it to scotts radios being here in canada isnt really an option so wondering what settings from stock are good to use if not tuned with an oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer. Wondering how it will be out of the box stock. feedback is appreciated. Thx
Just to add i ask for amazon gift cards for xmas as i usually have something on the radar each year that equals a few sheckles. :) i looked at ordering from one of the us sources and with our lovely can/us dollar exchange rate it made more sense for me to go this route. Plus hey, cant kick about the the option to send it back if not happy for whatever reason. Yes i will be checking to see that its new and not "recycled" 73

Reactions: ShadowDelaware
Radio arrived and looks non monkey'd with. The radios box was perfect and sealed and i am glad these are packaged well from the factory as the middle-man's box / packing was lacking care as usual. I haven't expanded it yet but testing it as is stock for receive, its perfect and with normal receive meter readings without having to knock back the rf gain. Now things may vary after expanded but am hopeful all is fine. 20240102_102602.jpg

Reactions: Skip seeker
Have any radio operators bought of Amazon successfully export radios , un modified i have seen Low prices but not sure of the quality compared to the Radio stores .

When a couple of my buddies asked me to set them up with Strykers I went with amazon. This was a few years ago, though. I purchased some of the last few V1 955s out there. Had no issues. The last few times I bought I went to CB World. Best price, bar none on an unmolested sealed box unit.

Radio arrived and looks non monkey'd with. The radios box was perfect and sealed and i am glad these are packaged well from the factory as the middle-man's box / packing was lacking care as usual. I haven't expanded it yet but testing it as is stock for receive, its perfect and with normal receive meter readings without having to knock back the rf gain. Now things may vary after expanded but am hopeful all is fine. View attachment 67002

I use this radio (AT-5555N2) for 10m ham in my truck, paired with a Wilson 1000 mag mount antenna centered on the roof. I've been shocked at how well this radio breaks through the pileups (no amp). Other operators often comment on the good sound quality (stock mic). For what it costs, you can't beat the performance IMHO. The only transmit setting I've changed is mic gain, which I have set at 32. Congrats on the new radio!

I use this radio (AT-5555N2) for 10m ham in my truck, paired with a Wilson 1000 mag mount antenna centered on the roof. I've been shocked at how well this radio breaks through the pileups (no amp). Other operators often comment on the good sound quality (stock mic). For what it costs, you can't beat the performance IMHO. The only transmit setting I've changed is mic gain, which I have set at 32. Congrats on the new radio! Just out of interest how does the Wilson 1000 tune on the 10 meter Band with such a long whip

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.