• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Buying transistors from ICA Manufacturing & Fat Boy Products?????

Lkaskel

Aug 4, 2017
Has anyone purchased transistors from ICA Manufacturing? I used my last 1969 and 2166 last night and was looking to find a few to keep "in stock". I saw that ICA has both in the HG line instead of the Mitsubishi line. I want to trust it but you never know.....

Thanks!!!

First off the HG transistors from ICA are genuine. I've used the HG 2166 and 1969 successfully on two Cobra 2000's. Both times the bias dialed right in and they ran ice cold. The only difference was about a 1 watt reduction in peak power compared to the original. A few weeks ago a member here tried the HG 2312's in a dual final Grant Export radio and got the same wattage as the stock Mitsubishi parts:
Grant Export thread

I have used HG 1969 in a couple SSB radios with good results, have not done the 2312 flavor but if they work as good as the 1969 you are good.
Much better than the fakes found on ebay....

Jeff
Where did you buy them from?
Thx Jeff!!

The 1 watt loss on the 148/2000 chassis is from the tank being optimized for the Mitsubishi parts. Adjusting the value of C146 and/or C143 would probably gain the watt back for those that want it..

The 1 watt loss on the 148/2000 chassis is from the tank being optimized for the Mitsubishi parts. Adjusting the value of C146 and/or C143 would probably gain the watt back for those that want it..
ok you got my attention 1 need my 1 watt of lost audio back LOL
so i see that C143=180pf and C146=390pf
what would be the correct values to swap them with ???

Last edited:
funny, I was gonna call ICA today. a guy sent me 7
2SC1969's from different eBay sources, and they all are fake.
do not work. they barley work way down at 1.8 MHZ.
this is for a 1.8 to 30 MHz transceiver. So the HG's
from ICA are OK. ?????

funny, I was gonna call ICA today. a guy sent me 7
2SC1969's from different eBay sources, and they all are fake.
do not work. they barley work way down at 1.8 MHZ.
this is for a 1.8 to 30 MHz transceiver. So the HG's
from ICA are OK. ?????
YES! ica sells real original hg transistors. On a side note: Who the hell would fake an hg transistor lol, and why, hahahaha guess they really need the $2. Hahahaha idiots.. side side note: if you are so cheap you need to buy electronic components from ebay, you get what you get. Complete garbage.

ICA has been legitimate every time we deal with them. Don't know where they get the non-fake transistors, but the price is reasonable enough I don't care.

if you go to hgsemi.com you can get a whole list of all their transistors with part numbers and order them by emailing north@hgsemi.com they have some that aren't available at ica which is the only reason I mention it because other than availability the price is maybe 5 bucks cheaper and they have to ship all the way from china instead of right in jersey

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
fake_2SC1969.jpg

..... here is a pix of one of the fake 2SC1969
transistors a friend got off eBay. they even
have the Mitsubishi logo on them. I think they
are some regular low frequency transistors
repainted. They do not work very well at
1.9 MHz and forget it up at 28 MHz.

I also have some Motorola MRF455 transistors
that someone sent me as a favor years ago.
I assume they are fake also. from eBay.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.