• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Calibrating a Dosy TR-1000

Old post but I would like to clarify. This is simply not true! A Dosy meter uses a broad band toroid pick up. From 3Mhz to 29Mhz I personally know a Dosy is pretty darn good for what is was designed for! It is very close in reading exactly what my Daiwa CN-620B does on RMS and if I put a carrier into it on peak it still agrees with my Daiwa. On the flip side most other CB meters that don't use a broad band toroid pick up will suffer from inaccuracies just a Mhz or two away from where calibrated. A prime example of a poor meter to use for bands below 27Mhz would be a PDC600, those are terrible!
Dosy is a perfectly acceptable meter for HF use!
Don't take my word for it check for yourself with an unmolested sample and you will agree!
Panic Attack got down... Nothing but the Facts!

That's Walcott not dosy.
Says Dosy on the meter????

Ok here's the facts to back my claims straight from the manufacturer, not a stores claims.
Frequency range per manufacturer is right at the top.

Attachments

• IMG_20230121_120208729.jpg
    IMG_20230121_120208729.jpg
    686.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?