• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can a motion alert be made to run on HAM frequencies? For example, the DakotaAlert (dakotaalert.com) runs on MURSfrequencies; is there a HAM vers

radiolearner

Sep 13, 2022
Can a motion alert be made to run on HAM frequencies?
For example, the DakotaAlert (dakotaalert.com) runs on MURS
frequencies; is there a HAM version of this ?

The companies get permission from the FCC of where to run their products and comply with requirements. Even on 11m, between the channels and above, there are allocations for none CB uses, that the "freebanders" are operating on, and shouldn't be. There's actually HF 11m - 10m being used for stock trading data transmission. The Ham bands have restrictions of what can be transmitted where with in their allocated bands, find an Amateur Band alocation chart, and you'll see. There are areas for data transmission in the ham band, for use by hams. Ham bands run from 135kHz up to 1240mHz. There's a reason for frequency allocation and planning and sharing.

Reactions: radiolearner
It could possibly be made to work on the ham bands but there is the issue of identification of the station, legally speaking that is.
yea, true that. I was gonna get into , get your ticket and make a system, but it's a bit more due to the station ID , which has been done with injection of morse code ID. But I think a simple yagi will solve the distance issues. Still, technically , changing the antenna could disqualify type acceptance.

Reactions: radiolearner

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.