• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can a RM Italy KL-503 handle 50 watts input turned off?

I have a President HR2510 modded that I can't get below 4 watts so I am apprehensive to use it on the RM Italy and I only use it on number 1 setting giving me about 30 watts dk but the president can swing up to 30 watts or more with audio pushing the KL-503 up to 200 watts or so, I don't want to use it. I have 2 radio's on the desk and I'm using a antenna switch in reverse as a radio switch with one antenna 148GTL Modded for about everything and dk's at 2 watts also. I use the president way more often for talking bare foot but would like a little more kick when needed so I put a CTE International 737 that may peak at 50 watts so what I am wondering is it safe to run 50 watts through a RM KL-503 while turned off? You guys are great and I will be checking my post often..Thanks!

A pic of my little station..

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 536
Most probably. If you are worried bypass the amp. The best you could do is to buy a "High Drive" amplifier then you don't have to sweat it. Texas Star makes amps that fill the bill for high drive.

ZZZZZZIIIITTTTT! And then maybe some smoke. I work on fried KL amps all day long. Too much dead key and too much swing will fry them. You have to keep the swr down as well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.