• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can a roger beep be added to Rci99n4?

Minipez

Mar 21, 2022
Just got this rci99n4 had 10khz and hitcut switch added. Saw there's 2 circuits on the board RB0 and RB1 wondering if anyone know if they are to add switches to turn 2 roger beeps on and off?

Attachments

• received_719024549659504.jpeg
    received_719024549659504.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 21

Could be merely "extra" Function Points on a same-piece of circuit board that was also used in other radios which had those functions as a feature. Doubtful that they installed parts for a feature such as roger beeps, and then not go all the way to connect them and have it as a feature on the radio. Waste of parts. Just speculating here ...
For base use, there are a variety of amplified desk mics out there that have roger beeps built into them.

Could be merely "extra" Function Points on a same-piece of circuit board that was also used in other radios which had those functions as a feature. Doubtful that they installed parts for a feature such as roger beeps, and then not go all the way to connect them and have it as a feature on the radio. Waste of parts. Just speculating here ...

For base use, there are a variety of amplified desk mics out there that have roger beeps built into them.

Well they didn't put a switch in for 10khz jump but it was on the board already. Kind of why I'm curious. If they are there, be worth hooking them up just to hear what they are. I never used a roger beep before this radio not about to start but if that is an option in it may as well use it.

I think the roger beep is built into the computer than runs the channel selector. I would try bridging first one, then the other pair of pads to each other. It looks as if those pairs of solder pads were meant for wires leading to a switch.

Won't damage anything to try, pretty sure.

just curious, what was used for the hi cut filter? 2 caps and a dpdt switch or something else?

I'm not 100% sure u would assume but the wires from the dptswitch went to top of the board and I never took that cover off. I can look if need be and get back to ya

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.