• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can anyone think of why sticking the below amplifier between the below transmitter and its antenna would not work ?

Another thing surprising to me is this: At least inside my house, the uv-5R set at 151.82mhz is accepting transmissions directly from the MURS-MAPS sensor. (That is kinda funny since the Dakota radio is $85 and the uv-5R $22.)
In my head I am wondering: "how do I measure the power-output by the MURS-base antenna.")
Then skip the amp all together... Being it works as intended with the uv5r as the receiver, I don't see any point in measuring the output power, other than for curiosity. To measure the wattage, you would need a VHF or better power meter capable of measuring that frequency (or a 50Ω load at the output and an RF probe to measure the voltage across it followed by a little math). HF power meters will not be accurate on VHF.

Reactions: radiolearner
I remember somewhere online someone was looking for an alignment procedure for one of those DakotaMURS handheld receivers. Did you buy those two receivers from DakotaMurs or from someone else online?

Reactions: radiolearner
Then skip the amp all together... Being it works as intended with the uv5r as the receiver, I don't see any point in measuring the output power, other than for curiosity. To measure the wattage, you would need a VHF or better power meter capable of measuring that frequency (or a 50Ω load at the output and an RF probe to measure the voltage across it followed by a little math). HF power meters will not be accurate on VHF.
That was just inside my house, not past all the dirt-mounds.

Reactions: brandon7861
I remember somewhere online someone was looking for an alignment procedure for one of those DakotaMURS handheld receivers. Did you buy those two receivers from DakotaMurs or from someone else online?
I got them one of them from amazon and one directly from dakotaalert.com. I am presently using the latter one.

Reactions: brandon7861

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.