• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can anyone think of why sticking the below amplifier between the below transmitter and its antenna would not work ?

Amplifier? Didn't see one of those.

Did see a transmitter with a vehicle sensor.

And a hand held MURS radio.

Amplifier?

I thought the Amazon link showed an amplifier [to my understanding]. (You plug 12volts [or 13.8volts] across it and connect the transmitter antenna to one end of the amp and your transmitter output to the other end.) I may have misunderstood what the Amazon device is supposed to do ?
I am very open to any suggestions/advice as what would work as a power-booster (i.e., amplifier).
@nomadradio

I thought the Amazon link showed an amplifier [to my understanding]. (You plug 12volts [or 13.8volts] across it and connect the transmitter antenna to one end of the amp and your transmitter output to the other end.) I may have misunderstood what the Amazon device is supposed to do ?
I am very open to any suggestions/advice as what would work as a power-booster (i.e., amplifier).
@nomadradio

Amazon link?

Reactions: radiolearner
Amazon link?
Amazon product ASIN B07Y359TCZ"Taidacent DC Feed RF Bias Tee RF Microwave Bias Active Antenna RF Power Supply Mains DC-Blocker 10-6000MHz Amplifier DC Bias"

edit: not sure why the amazon link is not showing up for you guys. It shows for me. (It shows as a clickable picture-link that will take you right to the amazon page. Alternatively, you can copy/paste the above text in quotes into the amazon search and it will take you right to the page. It is $13.89)

Last edited:
Amazon product ASIN B07Y359TCZ"Taidacent DC Feed RF Bias Tee RF Microwave Bias Active Antenna RF Power Supply Mains DC-Blocker 10-6000MHz Amplifier DC Bias"

edit: not sure why the amazon link is not showing up for you guys. It shows for me. (It shows as a clickable picture-link that will take you right to the amazon page. Alternatively, you can copy/paste the above text in quotes into the amazon search and it will take you right to the page. It is $13.89)
Both links you posted are .pdf downloads for manuals.

That last link is a low power VHF amp for use with a handie scratchy, to boost power output.
On edit:
If that is a vhf radio it probably would work if you can remove the antenna and attach some coax.

Yes, that is a VHF hand held radio.
As long as the MURS radio output meets the spec of the amp should work.
""
BTECH AMP-V25 Amplifier for VHF (136-174MHz), 20-40W Output (2-6W Input), Analog and Digital Modes, Compatible with All Handheld Radios: BTECH, BaoFeng, Kenwood, Yaesu, ICOM, Motorola ""
The first link I can see is not a amp, it allows DC to feed together with low power rf to bias transistors possibly, in the microwave range, it's not a amplifier.

Jeff

Last edited:
That last link is a low power VHF amp for use with a handie scratchy, to boost power output.
On edit:
If that is a vhf radio it probably would work if you can remove the antenna and attach some coax.

Yes, that is a VHF hand held radio.
As long as the MURS radio output meets the spec of the amp should work.
""
BTECH AMP-V25 Amplifier for VHF (136-174MHz), 20-40W Output (2-6W Input), Analog and Digital Modes, Compatible with All Handheld Radios: BTECH, BaoFeng, Kenwood, Yaesu, ICOM, Motorola ""
The first link I can see is not a amp, it allows DC to feed together with low power rf to bias transistors possibly, in the microwave range, it's not a amplifier.

Jeff
I just found out my transmitter's output is about 1.1watts, which is lower than the 2-6watts range specified. Is there a reasonable chance the Btech amp will still work ?

I just found out my transmitter's output is about 1.1watts, which is lower than the 2-6watts range specified. Is there a reasonable chance the Btech amp will still work ?
If you extrapolate output from the ratings in the ad, 2 watts in 20 watts out, 6 watts in 40 watts out.
Your not going to get much gain at 1 watt input, and that's if the amp can see enough carrier to engage the relay.
I would keep looking for a vhf amp that takes 1-5 watts input made for two meters.
I have seen used Mirage amps and similar sell for 50-60 bucks.
I picked up a used TPL amp for $40 that would cover those frequencies and use it on 2 meters off of craigslist.

Jeff

I use one of their MURS Alert birdhouse PIR type alarms (that I think they planned to discontinue). Like yours, the output on mine is 1 watt. I have it about a mile away at the beginning of the road and have had no issues.

How far are you trying to send the alert signal? A better antenna might be all you need. The trouble with adding an amplifier is the need to power it. Will the transmitter control the power to the amplifier or will the amp stay biased and ready 100% of the time? An amplifier might turn a year of use on those batteries into a few weeks depending on the current draw.

I use one of their MURS Alert birdhouse PIR type alarms (that I think they planned to discontinue). Like yours, the output on mine is 1 watt. I have it about a mile away at the beginning of the road and have had no issues.

How far are you trying to send the alert signal? A better antenna might be all you need. The trouble with adding an amplifier is the need to power it. Will the transmitter control the power to the amplifier or will the amp stay biased and ready 100% of the time? An amplifier might turn a year of use on those batteries into a few weeks depending on the current draw.
I have 325 yards from transmitter (MURS MAPS) to receiver (M538-handheld). Tall grass, dirt mounds, etc, may be what is giving it trouble. I just bought this antenna which hopefully will help on the transmitting end. I have been having a bucket-load of unreliable-communication issues up to this point.
The amp will be powered by a huge 12v power-supply, not by the batteries in the MURS MAP.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated