• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can I Take the Ham Radio License Test Online?

was searching this on the internet and found a couple of websites that say yes it's possible to take a ham radio license test online. Wondering if it's true or not. Source: Ham Radio license Test Online

There is a practice test. You must get some locals to schedule a test where they observe you taking it.

There is a practice test. You must get some locals to schedule a test where they observe you taking it.
When covid hit they allowed online testing via ZOOM. It is still available to be taken this way.

When covid hit they allowed online testing via ZOOM. It is still available to be taken this way.

I stand corrected. I wasn't aware of this.

Reactions: 999
was searching this on the internet and found a couple of websites that say yes it's possible to take a ham radio license test online. Wondering if it's true or not. Source: Ham Radio license Test Online
You also might want to go ahead and get a FCC-required FRN number on their website. You'll need it to get signed up for any licensing exams either online or in-person.

7 3 and good luck

Reactions: BJ radionut

Correct. To take an actual official amateur test online, you have to find a local VEC and coordinate with him. You will be required to set up multiple cameras from various angles in the room with you. This is for the VEC's to be able to observe you and your surrounding testing environment while actually taking the test.

google kilowatt area radio club. im a member from the getgo.we do online testing .contac tim ryder.he and i started the club.he can set you up.
funny thing our club has had more ladys get tested at our club than several in our area

google kilowatt area radio club. im a member from the getgo.we do online testing .contac tim ryder.he and i started the club.he can set you up.
funny thing our club has had more ladys get tested at our club than several in our area

The hardest part of online testing for me was setting up the frn# and the things involved with the fcc. Second would be the testing itself. Not the information but locking myself into the bathroom with a computer and a cell phone camera so they could watch me.

I was in a bathroom. With internet viewing devices. Alone. Being watched……….

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.