• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can someone please explain what I've got here.

Stryker

Jan 16, 2007
I purchased a Uniden PC76XL off ebay. The seller says it is has been peaked and tuned and is swinging to 28 watts over 120% modulation. What does this mean? I'm new to the CB radio and I'm just trying figure out what I've got.

My PC76XL does 45 watts easy. Its a common mod now, but mine was done by Bill Good and its my understanding that he designed it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You have a good radio there , you can either believe the numbers or not ? (it can get deep) a good antenna will be a plus for you , for without that , it really don't matter what the radios doing. If there should be a good radio shop around you that is known for good work ? You might invest 20 to 30 bucks in a good benched tune up on it . but by all means ,hook it up and see how things are first before you decide to do anything. Enjoy and welcome to the Forum .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.