• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

can this be fixed?messenger m500 amp/pics

johnny9

Dec 3, 2013
bikini state
the po said he was talking on it and it just stopped working.
so he gave it to me..im not the guy to work on this stuff but trying to learn.

took the cover off and everything looks good,except where it burned a hole in the board.
i belive its where the main power starts to feed everything..
the metal strip that runs thru the board just melted and poof.
the main power switch is soldered on this part of the board a few inches back,so im wondering if i take it to the cb shop if they can use some soldered wires to go from the board to the other side of the board to bypass the burnt spot?

the 3rd and last pic shows the burned spot but the pic is not the best,thanks

Attachments

• messenger m500 005.JPG
    messenger m500 005.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 22
  • messenger m500 004.JPG
    messenger m500 004.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 19
  • messenger m500 006.JPG
    messenger m500 006.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 20
  • messenger m500 010.JPG
    messenger m500 010.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 25
  • messenger m500 012.JPG
    messenger m500 012.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 23

would that make it un fixable? what a waste to toss something that was once pretty good..and not to cheap to replace..id throw 100 bucks at it in the future if it could be fixed no problem.

so does that mean its worth fixing even if it cost much more?
it was free to me..so if it was a good amp "i have no clue" but if it is maybe i should take it in and get a estimate ,if it can even be fixed,thanks,john

It def needs a lot of man hours to restore it back to full working order, so the labour may be more than the cost of a new amp. From what I can see in the pics, the solder joints are mostly dry and the wiring and components and cables need replacing. Best bet is to get an estimate to have it checked out as it may well be non repairable, in that it will cost too much.

well thanks fellas for the help..i will put it to the side for a while and when the money tree grows a lil i will take it in to see what they say.
my poor ole tram just leaked where it was sitting for past 2 weeks,so it has to come first..looks like a zillion caps in there just on the underneath..
thanks again,john

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.