• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Canada drops CW requirement for HF!!!

USA not far behind.
FCC to drop CW for all classes.
Other proposed rule changes appear dead.No grandfathering and no new entry level class.
There will be another round of discussion before changes take place.
Changes will probably take effect in 2006.

Heres QRNs link
Code Dead in Canada

It's time to study for General class ticket.
Atleast that's what i'm doing,date for test Oct.15
I will let you all know how i do.
73,Stu

tech plus

hmm wouldnt it seem that if code no longer required that tech's will move up to tech plus for voice???

QRN said:
Thanks duckilla.Wonder why the link did not post right for me.I tried and edited it twice.Oh well there it is above.

We are now going to require a CW test to learn how to post links on the forum :p :p

Uh-OH! Better brush up a bit I guess.I studied CW in order to get my HF ticket and then never used it after.How about making it an Extra class theory test while you're at it HH? :?

P.S. I think the night I was trying to post that link HH was "acting" as an admin and that is why the link did not post properly. :p

So QRN, has anyone be able to detect the changes on the Amatuer bands since the gate has been taken off the hinges up there?

Well Paws,so far so good.I heard a few OF's on 80m complaining the other night but for the most part I hear good comments.Most of the new HF'ers are being well received and "Elmered".So far I have not heard any lids that are new to HF.It seems that a lot of the guys have had HF rigs for quite some time and are familar with HOW to operate,they just need to get their feet wet.One thing to realize is that our Basic exam is at least as hard as the US general exam but has 100 questions.80% will get you on HF.The advanced exam here is actually harder than your Extra exam and also has 100 questions.For the most part a newbie has to have at least half a clue as to how to operate on the air.I find that for the most part the "2m CB'ers" don't have any desire to go to HF and I hope it stays that way.

Re: tech plus

DxExpress said:
hmm wouldnt it seem that if code no longer required that tech's will move up to tech plus for voice???

No. The FCC, in its Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, states that there will bo no further actions taken with the current licenses. No grandfathering, no automatic upgrading, nothing. The NPRM only effects the removal of morse testing for all license classes and that's all. No code techs are still no code techs...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.