• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

canibalizing S-9 meter

jetman

Feb 6, 2013
Got an Uniden Madison with a busted Sig/TX pwr. Used a Cobra 139 meter as a substitute but when I adjust VR1 for a 9lbs reading with 100uV, dead dignal reads as high as a 6. If I jump the meter terminals with resistance, it's either the same result or I allow too much pwr to bypass the meter. Does anyone know how to get this meter to cooperate?

you may have to experiment with a meter shunt to get the right amount of resistance for that meter.

or get a meter from an cobra 142 or president washington, they are same type of meters.

I have a 142 on the bench now with a bad sr/pwr meter, Ebay has the meter used for $25 but the owner only paid $30 for the radio.

Radio works great has the 5 position freq mod for the 8719, just a bad meter.

WavRider,
Thank you for your reply. I know this comes to you late. My appologies. The customer ended up accepting the meter as it was. It worked, but you couldn't tell how weak a signal was.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.