1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

CB antenna spacing from HF antenna?

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by K3ACZ, Jul 23, 2018.

1. K3ACZ

K3ACZ W9WDX Member

How far apart would I need my HF dipole to be from my CB antenna (like A99/Imax 2000)?? I don't plan on running 10m at the same time as my CB, though I may have my HF on 40/20m listening and scanning.

I can space them only about 19'.. CB base would be in separate room on opposite side of mobile home..

I was thinking of putting my President McKinley w/AM and SSB in my house and use as a base.

2. binrat

binrat WDX Club Coordinator
    Staff Member

19' is good.

3. K3ACZ

K3ACZ W9WDX Member

What if I wanted to keep it on same side of house?? I only got about 6' of separation from my endfed or proposed fan dipole..

If I go with vertical like the Imax 2000 I'm guessing the different planes (horizontal vs. vertical) would cut the interference, but I dunno..

4. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

I have 2 antennas on the same side of my house no problems.. Imax 2000 and sirio tornado..

5. K3ACZ

K3ACZ W9WDX Member

So interaction with my HF dipole shouldn't be bothered either??

6. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

No you will be fine.

binrat likes this.