• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB BANDPASS Filter?

No I haven’t had a need yet. I did some A/B testing and didn't see any difference in the noise floor. I just got it because I like to have these types of things on hand incase the need comes up. This will be the ticket if I get back in to HF. I can leave a dedicated 11m rig setup with it's own antenna and not have it get blasted by my ham rig.

My mobile problems are mostly licked with just far-rites.

Ya well your Pete has a lot more going on then my crank windows jeep ;)

I don’t even have LED lighting.

Yes. I figured that to make life easier on the receiver would be worth trying.

Not all interior (truck-based) noise sources are dimmed, but the space between the trees did become clearer.

Thank you (very much) for contributing that for which I have not the means (test equipment verification).

(Bumped for interest).

FWIW, I’ve installed/removed/re-installed the 411cb several times and it is always a help in the big truck I used it in cutting receive noise (S-Unit) during periods of quiet on AM-19.

Last edited:
Reactions: 86lidewell
I experimented with several “grounding solutions” for the BPF. Both ends combined in a long run of braided weave to a single point worked (big truck mobile). Might seem unremarkable, but space constraints were awful.

Struggling to see the point. If you want to talk on 11 meters with a radio that has ham radio features .... then just get a ham radio and use it on 11 meters. Want echo and roger beeps? Then use a desk mic with echo and roger beeps. Putting $500 into a Cobra 29 to beef it up with extra features just seems goofy

Reactions: Greg T and Crawdad
I don't see why not..... People are already spending 1k for d-rail or a fine tune 955
But I agree it is goofy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated