• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB dx on channel 38

dc2rf

Jan 15, 2014
Interesting conditions this morning. Hearing Europe (mostly England) coming in on channel 38 lsb while US cb'ers not heard on the channel.

Things really swung around for me last Saturday afternoon/evening (UTC -7). The west coast to mid-west/southwest was there as usual, but Alaska came in out of the blue. 2 contacts in a 10 minute span which is unusual.

Man, UK was just bangin' in here this a.m. I was working channels 35 thru 38. All of them were hummin' Crazy and I haven't seen that since last April. Atmosphere is strange that's for sure.

Reactions: 357magnum
We need to start and aggressively promote the "To Hail and Back" campaign on LSB38.

There is a tremendous pile up again on LSB38 around 5:30P.M. eastern time today. Folks chatting on LSB38 are clogging it up. They should QSY. Use 38LSB to hail only. QSY. Then come back when you're done.

The channels aren't as busy as they used to be. We can take advantage of that to promote a better SSB experience.

We need to start and aggressively promote the "To Hail and Back" campaign on LSB38.

There is a tremendous pile up again on LSB38 around 5:30P.M. eastern time today. Folks chatting on LSB38 are clogging it up. They should QSY. Use 38LSB to hail only. QSY. Then come back when you're done.

The channels aren't as busy as they used to be. We can take advantage of that to promote a better SSB experience.

Totally agree! That's exactly what I did today. I notified folks in uk on 38 lsb I would be standing by on say 27.355 for dx contact with europe and they would follow me there. Works great and have nice long qso's.

yep, tc254 Ken from texas was gabbing with a bozo from NJ and covering up all my UK traffic for like 30 minutes. Most of the UK guys I contacted qsy elsewhere and we can have a 2 minute chat. On occasion other UK stations will hear us and call me when QSO has completed. The brits have a way with following a usefull protocol

Dang. I've got to get a better base setup! I haven't made a single contact on it.

I'm hearing 696 needle bender and a few other guys but they are very faint.

love the UK DX. around 8 this morning eastern time that's all I was getting. made several contacts. 001 Dave, 876 Simon, and 275 just a few. all the usual uk stations was booming. always friendly stations across the pond.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.