• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB, export, or HF... on 11 meter

Snake Eyes

Oct 24, 2007
Do you prefer CB, export, or HF rigs for 11 meter?

I, myself, have decided on an HF rig for SSB (what they're designed for), and an export for AM....!

What is everyone else's thoughts and opinions here?

Snake Eyes

depends on the hf rig, many will work just as well as a current cb or export on am if you set them up correctly. i agree 100% on the ssb, the best ssb radio (cb or export) isnt anywhere close to the ssb quality of a true hf rig. they dont have the filtering or selectability that a hf radio offers (although you definatly pay for it).

for am use i like the great quality audio of a 148, 2000, or a grant xl. they are not the loudest out there but they are among the cleaner sounding (pleasant on the ears) radios. if i were to use an export on am it would be a 148f gtl dx+ (connex 4800 old style) or a uniden hr2510. the dx is hardly usable on ssb though, as they were among the worst ssb radios you could ever buy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.