• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB FM

I suspect the reality of the change will actually be quite boring and uninteresting. Even social media's typical push to make something out of nothing has little to say. Maybe one channel, one of the old unused remote control channels, could be used for guys who want to broadcast position info etc.
Is the space between 11 and 10 meters actually used by anybody?

Is the space between 11 and 10 meters actually used by anybody?

Yes, there are licensed users above 27.405.
The only time that I am personally aware of usage on these frequencys was right after 9/11.
Up on 27.650 there was emergency com's being used, the radios were RCI 2970's that were purchased from John Mahoney that used to own Panther Electronics, paid for by FEMA.
I also know of military com's below 26.965 on upper side band.
More than once my brother and I have " bumped into other users" down there.
One I remember well was a radio com's operator onboard a aircraft doing touch and go landings at night down at Edwards AFB.
Over a period of several weeks we talked to this guy, always late at nite.

So yes, there are frequencys above, and below the CB band that have other users.

Jeff

there is a large group gathered on 26.805 to make it the international call for fm,,, kinda like 27.555 is for ssb,,,, seems like if i remember that is channel 41 fm in germany or europe some where,,,,,

Reactions: L2 and cralt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.