• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cb Ham trivia

CB Radio was created in 1958. In what year did the CB operator population first outnumber hams?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Am I correct in assuming it was about the same time as the national 55 mph speed limit law?

No Mole, I thought the same thing. It actually surprised me. Below is the answer form QRZ-

[Q44] submitted by AA7BQ, Difficulty Odds: 1.2 to 1

# CB Radio was created in 1958. In what year did the CB operator population first outnumber hams?

Answer 2 is Correct!

So it goes to show it didn't come in with Smokey and the Bandit :D

Outnumbered in 1963 and still is today, cb also has had a lot more exposure in the media (TV, movies, etc.) which in part lies this big rub between the services

"Come to think of it Smokey and the Bandit sure would have been boring had they used ham radios!!!"

hi hi ! :D (ham lingo for "lol")

I've seen this other one called "Joy ride" about two brothers driving across country and they use the CB to pull a prank on a trucker, and it all goes bad. You know that one?

There was all 3 of the "Smokey and the Bandit" movies ...
then there was Kris Kristofferson in "Convoy" ....

and could you imagine if the Duke family in "The Dukes of Hazzard" (the TV series) used Ham Radios instead of C.B. ? ...LoL , it wouldn't have lasted as long as it did , let alone make to the silver screen . :D

RI126 said:
I've seen this other one called "Joy ride" about two brothers driving across country and they use the CB to pull a prank on a trucker, and it all goes bad. You know that one?
Yeah I know that one, the big brother ( the boys were bothers) acted like a girl on a Cherokee CB, and used the handle "Candy Cane", the tucker in a black "Petercar" handle was "Rusty Nail"

Yep , How great would those old classic country songs sound if they were using Call Signs instead of CB handles ? And that list is way to big to even begin to try listing all of those songs ... lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.