• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB install problem

D

Dinocore

I just installed my uniden 501 cb radio in my volvo 240 using the power leads from the radio. I have a magnetic antenna on the back. Radio works fine untill i turn on the engine. then i get a ton of interference. I did some expermenting and determined that if i unplug the antenna the interfearance goes away. need help on what i should do to get rid of the crazy interfearance.

</p>

D

Dinocore

I just installed my uniden 501 cb radio in my volvo 240 using the power leads from the radio. I have a magnetic antenna on the back. Radio works fine untill i turn on the engine. then i get a ton of interference. I did some expermenting and determined that if i unplug the antenna the interfearance goes away. need help on what i should do to get rid of the crazy interfearance.

</p>

jdchet

Jan 19, 2002
Rootstown, Ohio
I just installed my Titan in my 2002 Chevy Silverado and I have the same problem with what I believe to be fuel pump noise! Never had a problem in the 2000 S-10! The Wilson 1000 MagMount is on the roof of the cab just like the S-10. Wire thru the passenger door like the S-10. Plugged the amp and radio into the extra cig lighter ports like the S-10. Noise goes away when I unplug radio and noise coincides with the sound of the fuel pump running.

CDX 951

Kenworth

Galaxy 77HML,
Astatic 636L Mic.,
Wilson Trucker 2000

Chevy S-10

TitanII Road Pro,KLV-203, Wilson 1000Mag Mount

smalltractorhill

</p>

jdchet

Jan 19, 2002
Rootstown, Ohio
I just installed my Titan in my 2002 Chevy Silverado and I have the same problem with what I believe to be fuel pump noise! Never had a problem in the 2000 S-10! The Wilson 1000 MagMount is on the roof of the cab just like the S-10. Wire thru the passenger door like the S-10. Plugged the amp and radio into the extra cig lighter ports like the S-10. Noise goes away when I unplug radio and noise coincides with the sound of the fuel pump running.

CDX 951

Kenworth

Galaxy 77HML,
Astatic 636L Mic.,
Wilson Trucker 2000

Chevy S-10

TitanII Road Pro,KLV-203, Wilson 1000Mag Mount

smalltractorhill

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    There will be NO FT8 robots running unattended at Bouvet,:ROFLMAO:
  • @ BJ radionut:
    10M BAND.....>28400 SSB .... Always give your full callsign. Listening is the key so be sure we call you before replying. 3Y0J will always listen up (using split) so it will be useless to call us on our transmission frequency.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I like these guys already. :cool: Sounds to me like ROBO callers in ANY Mode will be ignored!!!!(y)
  • @ BJ radionut:
    3Y0J: Update January 29, 2023: Ken estimates Marama should arrive at Bouvet on Monday evening just before sunset. He says he anticipates a good weather window for at least two days then. The team will attempt to move the equipment and supplies onto the island using the zodiac then. They have two zodiacs. They are hoping to accomplish it in those two days. :cool: