• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB install problem

D

Dinocore

I just installed my uniden 501 cb radio in my volvo 240 using the power leads from the radio. I have a magnetic antenna on the back. Radio works fine untill i turn on the engine. then i get a ton of interference. I did some expermenting and determined that if i unplug the antenna the interfearance goes away. need help on what i should do to get rid of the crazy interfearance.

</p>

I just installed my uniden 501 cb radio in my volvo 240 using the power leads from the radio. I have a magnetic antenna on the back. Radio works fine untill i turn on the engine. then i get a ton of interference. I did some expermenting and determined that if i unplug the antenna the interfearance goes away. need help on what i should do to get rid of the crazy interfearance.

</p>

I just installed my Titan in my 2002 Chevy Silverado and I have the same problem with what I believe to be fuel pump noise! Never had a problem in the 2000 S-10! The Wilson 1000 MagMount is on the roof of the cab just like the S-10. Wire thru the passenger door like the S-10. Plugged the amp and radio into the extra cig lighter ports like the S-10. Noise goes away when I unplug radio and noise coincides with the sound of the fuel pump running.

CDX 951

Kenworth

Galaxy 77HML,
Astatic 636L Mic.,
Wilson Trucker 2000

Chevy S-10

TitanII Road Pro,KLV-203, Wilson 1000Mag Mount

smalltractorhill

</p>

I just installed my Titan in my 2002 Chevy Silverado and I have the same problem with what I believe to be fuel pump noise! Never had a problem in the 2000 S-10! The Wilson 1000 MagMount is on the roof of the cab just like the S-10. Wire thru the passenger door like the S-10. Plugged the amp and radio into the extra cig lighter ports like the S-10. Noise goes away when I unplug radio and noise coincides with the sound of the fuel pump running.

CDX 951

Kenworth

Galaxy 77HML,
Astatic 636L Mic.,
Wilson Trucker 2000

Chevy S-10

TitanII Road Pro,KLV-203, Wilson 1000Mag Mount

smalltractorhill

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated