• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB mic cord extension

New cb user

Nov 1, 2013
I'm rigging a cb up in the dash of my car. Because of how it's going to fit I need an extension for the cord. I'm running a JCPenny 6221 with a plug in the side instead of the front for the mic. My dash has so much plastic and I hate cutting and drilling into the plastic because it does not look good when the equipment is removed. I'm going to have to do some cutting in my drink holder for the radio to fit but that's not an issue because I do have a spare drink holder. My tape deck used to be in this spot. The only way I can rout my mic out of the dash is through the drink holder where the cover used to latch down. My cord is to short for this though so I need about 2 of cord feet to extend my reach and create a good looking setup. I want this extension stationary in the center console but I want to still be able to unplug my mike and just have the plug sitting there in the console. Does anybody know if they make any mic extensions or am I going to have to rethink my rig.

Ok. Thanks for the answers. I'm going to check the local shops before I buy them online but I wanted to be sure that what I am after exists.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated