• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Nets

Yeah, it's pretty much dead here. Time to go to bed for me, but I'll be listening tomorrow as it's a holiday here.

Yankee nice to work ya on 38 lsb.....kinda crazy conditions tonight. Sounded good into mid Illinois. 73s from 630

I was wondering if I would see you posting here after the bottom dropped out. You were sounding good here. I heard you talking to several others before I was able to get through though. Amazing how much talking is going on, and on so many channels.

I even found a local talking from right here in town that I had never heard before. We had a good conversation.

It's always more exciting to talk to someone you "know" LOL

I was out there to hollering away tonight. But made no contacts. Thought I might hear ya in there cause Michigan was swinging my way for a bit. Then it changed around and got TN, MO, and a few others.

Just gotta keep hollering and standing by and someone will shout back our way.

We'll connect one of these times, cause I call your sign a bunch of times during the day. I started about 9am this morning, but most of my contacts were out of North and South Carolina. But I have my ear tuned for Ottawa Valley and 309, so I would catch it if I hear it. :)

I was wondering if I would see you posting here after the bottom dropped out. You were sounding good here. I heard you talking to several others before I was able to get through though. Amazing how much talking is going on, and on so many channels.

I even found a local talking from right here in town that I had never heard before. We had a good conversation.

It's always more exciting to talk to someone you "know" LOL

Sometimes its more exciting to find a new local than shooting skip. We have a few local am guys but NO local ssb traffic.....unfortunately. used to have a bunch of old guys above 40 on .505 lsb...I think....but that was 15+ years ago....all long gone now. Anyways got Tn,Pn,Mi,Oh,Wi,Ny & Ontario. Band was wide open tonight! (y)

Sometimes its more exciting to find a new local than shooting skip. We have a few local am guys but NO local ssb traffic.....unfortunately. used to have a bunch of old guys above 40 on .505 lsb...I think....but that was 15+ years ago....all long gone now. Anyways got Tn,Pn,Mi,Oh,Wi,Ny & Ontario. Band was wide open tonight! (y)

Today was my best day. I got 16 really strong contacts and could talk to them from a minute to over ten minutes, and one guy tonight from after 8pm to almost 9pm. Most contacts last 20 seconds if that. LOL

Mine always start on the East Coast, either North or South Carolina then New York and Georgia and around to Tennessee and Louisiana. Even head Sydney Australi several times, but didn't even try to get back. I also heard a guy in Ontario but didn't get his numbers.

We are just going into the peak year of this sunspot cycle too, so it really ought to get good for awhile. :D

Those days should be coming back. Before I got this new radio, I was using the barefoot Uniden 980ssb and talked all over California, Florida, the islands, even heard Australia and New Zealand a few times. It's all about the skip, and that's all about the sunspots, which are becoming active again.

Wow, skip is running wild here in Western Wisconsin. Talking all over the East coast and around to Louisiana and Texas. Even hear a few Ontario stations today.

73's 058 Wisconsin

Hi All. This particular forum seems to be languishing from lack of interest or some other reason not visible to me. We have a lot of members into CB and I am wondering why no active CB Nets?

I think they are fun and interesting, and at least give the mindless collection of logged contacts some goal to shoot for. And it's always a rush to finally hear and be heard by someone with the same interests and at least some kind of connection in common other than the ownership of a radio.

Since we should have a couple really good years of DX'ing conditions headed our way, if you can believe the scientists, I thought it worth while to see if anyone else has an interest in forming an informal group from our membership that wants to give it a try?

Since any DX is hit or miss and completely dependant on conditions, it seems the best chance of success would be to have at the very least, a specific day of the week and time where we could rely on others that know about this "Net" would be listening and trying each others call numbers. It would also help our chances if we all used a recognizable part of our call sign that our ears would be sure to perk up when we heard it. Something like WWDX, then your usual numbers. That's just a suggestion, but you know what I mean. If I were to hear that at the beginning of a CQ, I would immediatly perk up and be listening by the time the numbers rolled around.

So, anyone else interested in trying this? Is there already another 'group' I have not run across in the forums? Suggestions for a day and time? Since I am retired and a voluntary stay at home, I am on all the time that my skip is running. I always monitor 38lsb and use 058 Wisconsin as a call sign. It would not be much of a change to add WWDX 058 to it and I would certainly respond to it, even now. As for the day and time, any day is good, but the time should probably be during the day, since skip goes to bed fairly early around here. Late at night just makes little sense. :)
Is this still a thing? I think a club would be great. If it's still on the table count me in.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated