1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

CB Nets

Discussion in 'CB QSO Planning & Schedules' started by Yankee, May 26, 2013.

1. OttawaValley_309

I gave up. No conditions for me. Guess I'll try again some other day. Atleast i got to sit on the radio for a bit and watch the nascar race online while in my mancave/work office. :p

2. Yankee

Yankee Active Member

Yeah, it's pretty much dead here. Time to go to bed for me, but I'll be listening tomorrow as it's a holiday here.

3. Blackcat630

Blackcat630 Sr. Member

Yankee nice to work ya on 38 lsb.....kinda crazy conditions tonight. Sounded good into mid Illinois. 73s from 630

4. Yankee

Yankee Active Member

I was wondering if I would see you posting here after the bottom dropped out. You were sounding good here. I heard you talking to several others before I was able to get through though. Amazing how much talking is going on, and on so many channels.

I even found a local talking from right here in town that I had never heard before. We had a good conversation.

It's always more exciting to talk to someone you "know" LOL

5. OttawaValley_309

I was out there to hollering away tonight. But made no contacts. Thought I might hear ya in there cause Michigan was swinging my way for a bit. Then it changed around and got TN, MO, and a few others.

Just gotta keep hollering and standing by and someone will shout back our way.

6. Yankee

Yankee Active Member

We'll connect one of these times, cause I call your sign a bunch of times during the day. I started about 9am this morning, but most of my contacts were out of North and South Carolina. But I have my ear tuned for Ottawa Valley and 309, so I would catch it if I hear it. :)

7. Blackcat630

Blackcat630 Sr. Member

Sometimes its more exciting to find a new local than shooting skip. We have a few local am guys but NO local ssb traffic.....unfortunately. used to have a bunch of old guys above 40 on .505 lsb...I think....but that was 15+ years ago....all long gone now. Anyways got Tn,Pn,Mi,Oh,Wi,Ny & Ontario. Band was wide open tonight! (y)

8. OttawaValley_309

Ive noticed lately that when there is good skip for me to connect with is usually in the evenings. Usually after 630 eastern.

Had a friend of mine get talking with me tonight and he was sayin im soundin louder with the galaxy desk mic then the d104.

9. Yankee

Yankee Active Member

Today was my best day. I got 16 really strong contacts and could talk to them from a minute to over ten minutes, and one guy tonight from after 8pm to almost 9pm. Most contacts last 20 seconds if that. LOL

Mine always start on the East Coast, either North or South Carolina then New York and Georgia and around to Tennessee and Louisiana. Even head Sydney Australi several times, but didn't even try to get back. I also heard a guy in Ontario but didn't get his numbers.

We are just going into the peak year of this sunspot cycle too, so it really ought to get good for awhile. :D

10. OttawaValley_309

I used to like back in the days going back now 15-20 years ago when I would be able to get into Manitoba and the east coast of canada. Those are much different conditions then what is the norm for around here.

11. Yankee

Yankee Active Member

Those days should be coming back. Before I got this new radio, I was using the barefoot Uniden 980ssb and talked all over California, Florida, the islands, even heard Australia and New Zealand a few times. It's all about the skip, and that's all about the sunspots, which are becoming active again.

12. Yankee

Yankee Active Member

Wow, skip is running wild here in Western Wisconsin. Talking all over the East coast and around to Louisiana and Texas. Even hear a few Ontario stations today.

73's 058 Wisconsin

13. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Bump, take a peek at what was going on in the last cycle.

S&W357 likes this.
  14. Louisiana Mudd

Louisiana Mudd X Marine Researcher - AUV / ASV Pilot

Is this still a thing? I think a club would be great. If it's still on the table count me in.

S&W357 and Shadetree Mechanic like this.