• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cb radio antenna dipole beam no rotor lol

Mar 18, 2018
I'm wanting to build me some type of antenna for flat side till I can get my rotor and beam going. Im thinking about building me a flat side dipole that way I don't have to worry about a rotor. Thing is I'm wanting it to handle at least a 3cx1500. I got a bunch of old antenna parts laying around. Some jogunns some sirio some hy gain some maco even have a davemade 4 element beam. Problem is now I don't have a working rotor or I would probably put up the dave made lol. Think what I'm gonna do for now is use some of the parts from my davemade to make me a dipole till I get my rotor going. What are all your thoughs on this ? I know I need to just get the beam up bla bla bla but I'm just wanting something for now lol.

Reactions: secret squirrel

I am running a bent L vertical dipole as a base antenna with better results than I expected. Using 7 foot Firestik antennas as the legs. I was planning on building a horizontal also. I was just going to point the flat sides toward the direction I would talk most often. Its not a perfect solution, but worth a try.

Run what you have. One of my locals put up his yagi on a 10 foot pole, no rotor. He is going to put up a tower this summer, but wanted to try out the antenna. He leaves it pointed at florida and says it's still way better than his vertical that is at 40 ft. Drive a 4 ft pipe in the ground that the antenna pole can slip into.

I am running a bent L vertical dipole as a base antenna with better results than I expected. Using 7 foot Firestik antennas as the legs.

Cool. (y)
One vertical and one straight out parallel to the ground?
I've made several from 4' Firestiks (horizontal, inverted V and a GP with one vertical and three as radials) but never tried an 'L". :)

Reactions: secret squirrel
I am running a bent L vertical dipole as a base antenna with better results than I expected. Using 7 foot Firestik antennas as the legs. I was planning on building a horizontal also. I was just going to point the flat sides toward the direction I would talk most often. Its not a perfect solution, but worth a try.

Back around the back of the garage leaning against the wall secured at top with paracord and chocked at bottom to a piece of 1x8 slipped under a cinder block?

The SW Missouri Bubba Fred?

(Wondering where and how mounted. A wavelength away and a wavelength high?).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.