• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB radio Becoming Respectable Again???

Is CB radio making a comeback?

• Yes

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Southern breeze keeps Shooting Star cool and going. Along with a little bit of wire mesh of course. Doesn't look to bad from a distance especially if you squint your eyes when looking at it. :whistle:

Low Tech engineering ;) with fan and switch provided my pal Leo aka "357 Magnum"

414139107.jpg

At first I thought that was a small chicken coop with A/C down there........but then realized the set up. Neither my 225 or LD 450 get that hot, both had been under the seat. I would check by feel from time to time and they stayed nice temp. Had thought about the fans. I have a couple I scrapped from other stuff. When I shelved these leineeears for now, I took covers off to see, both are just fine. No crispy critters or failed science projects.

Lord I can still remember
The way things were back then
In spite of all the hard times
I'd live it all again
To watch the Dallas Cowboys
Run the double wing
I'm proud to be from Texas
Where Bob Lilly is still the king.

When they talk about pro football
And look back through the years
You hear about the Packers
And the old Chicago Bears
But cross that old Red River, hoss
And they don't mean a thing
Down here we've got the Cowboys
And Bob Lilly is still the king.

In the golden days of the Cowboys
Folks came from miles around
To watch that Doomsday Defense
Knockin' Redskins on the ground
And Tom Landry's space age offense
With Danderoo at quarterback
Throwin' bombs to Bobby Hayes
Who ran the hundred in nothin' flat.

Now if you've never been here
Then you might not know
There's a whole lot more in Texas
Than just the Alamo
It's the home of Roger Staubach
And lots of other things
But he'll be the first to tell you
Bob Lilly is still the king.

There’s memories. Landry lived a few blocks from us.

In the 1970s, Dallas was a ghost town on Sunday. Two gas stations open for the whole city. Freeways were empty.

“When you cross that old Red River, hoss, it just don’t mean a thing. When you’re down in Texas, Bob Wills is still the King”

And, as the story was related to me, in the South Pacific in 1943, this big band version of, “A Maidens Prayer”, said more about home (Texas) than a full-length novel could have done

Last edited:
There’s memories. Landry lived a few blocks from us.

In the 1970s, Dallas was a ghost town on Sunday. Two gas stations open for the whole city. Freeways were empty.

“When you cross that old Red River, hoss, it just don’t mean a thing. When you’re down in Texas, Bob Wills is still the King”

Those were the days.

Love that song. Wrote my little parody years ago.

Reactions: Slowmover
Those were the days.

Love that song. Wrote my little parody years ago.

And very well done. I didn’t ask previously in case it wasn’t yours, I thought so highly of it.

Amazing what Wills could do. Many of the pieces seem to be a bit of fluff, but the arrangements and playing are so good that those not attuned are excused from understanding that the smile is much, much deeper than seemingly implied.

A bit of play at the surface. Beneath, the roiling clouds of emotion. In a dance step. No one is left out. (That’s beauty. Or is it truth?).

No wonder folks would drive 100-miles to a performance when gasoline was scarce and expensive.

A few years back I was working an assignment in Philadelphia. Had an ungoverned Kenworth hooked to a five-pod pneumatic tanker, and just before dawn every weekday morning I’d be getting gears onto the New Jersey Turnpike dodging locals and headed for the far NW corner of the state.

5DD0778E-A870-4DCE-A308-8DF397CBC714.jpeg

And key up the following music on 19.

NJ truck drivers are universally hated. When you can get Texans and New England drivers to easily agree, it’s a thang. (Another Hand at our facility and I had worked out the tech details for fidelity; that radio rig could crank)

“Here ya are, NJ, CB radio needing the cleansing power of Faith. Your Sunrise Church Service straight from heaven”.

It was pretty funny. Lots of attempts to lock me down. And it was past funny to heavily imply they none of them were Christian. That’s when drivers from all over would join in about NJ drivers.

Last edited:
Well, time to get the H out of far western Kansas. Too many Germans. Get loaded down at Liberal and head south to where the spring breeze carries that sweet prairie scent.

Across that old Red River . . . .

(Thanks, Undertaker)

E5C33858-4BC9-4734-B876-B067380440E6.jpeg

One of the men who trained me had been a bull hauler. Longest day at the wheel was when he had made it from Cheyenne to Waco with a handful of Bob Wills tapes.

Last edited:
well you don't want the FCC showing up at your door when they are in town looking for illegal CB radios!
LC

It's a FACT that the FCC is a TOOTHLESS LION that can't chew up a can of Alpo Dog Food.They could care less about any public radio services including Ham Radio or CB Radio unless you are causing issues with FM Broadcast Stations or Government or business services.hey have ZERO Dollars to do much of anything but keep an office open.Uncle Charlie lost his dentures long ago.

SIX-SHOOTER

It's a FACT that the FCC is a TOOTHLESS LION that can't chew up a can of Alpo Dog Food.They could care less about any public radio services including Ham Radio or CB Radio unless you are causing issues with FM Broadcast Stations or Government or business services.hey have ZERO Dollars to do much of anything but keep an office open.Uncle Charlie lost his dentures long ago.

SIX-SHOOTER

I knew it was time to get a big radio and Tx without taking a test and receiving a license.
I doubt any of my Spanish speaking neighbors to the south have a study guide available. It's Macarena music and coordinated directions around CBP Falfurrias check points down here. Any of ya'll got a good 2-160m for sale? LOL.

And very well done. I didn’t ask previously in case it wasn’t yours, I thought so highly of it.

Amazing what Wills could do. Many of the pieces seem to be a bit of fluff, but the arrangements and playing are so good that those not attuned are excused from understanding that the smile is much, much deeper than seemingly implied.

A bit of play at the surface. Beneath, the roiling clouds of emotion. In a dance step. No one is left out. (That’s beauty. Or is it truth?).

No wonder folks would drive 100-miles to a performance when gasoline was scarce and expensive.

A few years back I was working an assignment in Philadelphia. Had an ungoverned Kenworth hooked to a five-pod pneumatic tanker, and just before dawn every weekday morning I’d be getting gears onto the New Jersey Turnpike dodging locals and headed for the far NW corner of the state.

View attachment 28776

And key up the following music on 19.

NJ truck drivers are universally hated. When you can get Texans and New England drivers to easily agree, it’s a thang. (Another Hand at our facility and I had worked out the tech details for fidelity; that radio rig could crank)

“Here ya are, NJ, CB radio needing the cleansing power of Faith. Your Sunrise Church Service straight from heaven”.

It was pretty funny. Lots of attempts to lock me down. And it was past funny to heavily imply they none of them were Christian. That’s when drivers from all over would join in about NJ drivers.

Great post. (y)

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.