• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Radio Club

jetman

Feb 6, 2013
I can't believe it! CBradioclub.com has shut down!!! Is there another club page out there that is dedicated to the CB hobby like that one was? No offense to this forum, but some members of this page (hams) don't care for the hobby of CB like I do. Only some. Not running all us hams in the mud.

I was a member there but haven't been there in several months. Didn't realize it was gone. you can try cbradiotalk. It's better than cbradioclub anyway. Its the best of the "cb only" forums (clean) IMO. matter of fact there are several hams over there as well that enjoy both ham and cb.

Dayum,...... not to be snobbish or anything, but,......... I've never even heard of that site until today:blink:

I went to the site & it said the site was closed down due to a family illness,

whoever it is that ran the site, I hope the family issues work out for the best

Reactions: 3 people
I don't want to defame any site. But the circus you speak of is quite stuffy. Very ridged, mod trigger finger happy, and not for any malicious violations really. Just, it's kind of like being in a library where the librarian takes his or her job quite serious. Half of the posts in this topic would have been deleted already and or the topic closed, for not pertaing to the subject matter of the topic title. That kinna stuff. The information there is vast, and the people willing. But it can be a very unfriendly territory at times. Which is why I have sought out another forum, and found myself here.

J<gotproof>
I don't want to defame any site. But the circus you speak of is quite stuffy. Very ridged, mod trigger finger happy, and not for any malicious violations really. Just, it's kind of like being in a library where the librarian takes his or her job quite serious. Half of the posts in this topic would have been deleted already and or the topic closed, for not pertaing to the subject matter of the topic title. That kinna stuff. The information there is vast, and the people willing. But it can be a very unfriendly territory at times. Which is why I have sought out another forum, and found myself here.

Not sure what forum you're referring too. If you are talking about CBRT, it's just a family type forum and the moderators try to keep it clean. Just like this forum and all others, you agree to the sites rules when you join. Not a bad thing. a lot of the sites members have kids that are also members. It's a good place for a teenager to start in the hobby of radio. Rather it be cb or ham.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeyDoor
Well I don't know how sensitive this forum is and it would suck for me to get in trouble my first day here. So I can only say it goes with the circus/clown buffoon theme.

I know that forums can be a place where trolling and keyboard kung fu runs rampant. So rules must be in place. But walking on eggshells is not what I call fun. If I wanted to be under the microscope all the time, I would talk to people in a court room.

And I realize the family friendly thing. And I'm not speaking of them censoring curse words or mature content. I'm not talking about deleting bickering or harrasment. That stuff goes with outsaying.

All I'm trying to convey is that it's not a hang and talk kind of place, In my experience. It's more of a these are the facts and nothing but the facts kind of place. More of a Wikipedia of CB hobby kind of place, than a social discussion board.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
You've got some valid points. if you like to speak freely and uncensored like being in your own living room it's definitely not the place to be. and like everything in life there are some things I disagree with too I won't lie about that. Example, I posted a plug for a local cb shop close to my home run by a handcap man. Mom and pop all the way. No threat to anyone. My post was removed because he wasn't a sponsor to the site. I didn't like it but hey, it's their site and their rules. they are big on supporting their sponsors. Like here, there are some great people over there if you get to know them. Not trying to sound bad when I say this but when I first joined this forum I felt the same as you do but about this site. I was wrong and I realized it the longer the time I spent on here. As a new member I was kicked around a bit. some of it my fault and some of it not my fault. now I have two places I like. Both very different but both good. Doesn't mean either of them is wrong because they have different rules.

I can't believe it! CBradioclub.com has shut down!!! Is there another club page out there that is dedicated to the CB hobby like that one was? No offense to this forum, but some members of this page (hams) don't care for the hobby of CB like I do. Only some. Not running all us hams in the mud.

Another place you might consider is http://www.cbradioforum.com.

Here's another site that, while you can get some really good information there, is frequented by a number of people that belong in an insane asylum: http://www.mauldroppers.com.

YMMV.

It was a pretty friendly forum, great classified section too. Ive been a member for a couple years there, i also enjoyed helping new CBr's with issues and mods. I dont understand why to shut it down when there's many moderators there, heck....i would of helped.

Reactions: 1 person
Thank you all for your input. I never got any messages saying this thread was getting any action. I am on maul droppers and just joined cbradioroforum. Both seem to be the "living-room chitchat" type that was mentioned earlier. CBRC was a nice place. Seemed to be a smaller group that was more "help you out" instead of insult you for not knowing something. No big complaints here on this site personally. I did witness a poor guy ask a question on the ham side of this forum and it was like the wolves chewed him apart. Left sorry for the guy. But like I said. Personally, I've had mostly good experiences with this site.
CopperElectronics has an ok forum. But I've heard that they will kick you off if you critique them or their service poorly.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.