• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Radio Keydown

Eiresh

Aug 9, 2014
So I am playing around with the thought of going to the Keydown in Macon Georgia next weekend. I have never been to one and kinda curious.

Anybody been to one of them? Anybody planning on going to Macon?

What should I expect? Any suggestions?

I am hoping to see some equipment, maybe even buy a radio, if it is reasonable.

You can smell the rf lol. Been in one 10kw suburban and that was enough for me! The rf makes your eyes about burn. It's like sitting in a microwave! It's isn't a hobby for most that's for sure and it's not cheap either. Those guys spend a lot of cash on those setup's I promise!

Just go and have fun. Some people think the radio hobby should be limited to moaning about the price of gas on the local repeater.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Must admit that I've been curious about one. Not curious enough to make a weekend trip to Macon -although there's a lot to see there, especially if you are an Allman Brothers or James Brown fan!- but I wouldn't mind seeing some of the goods up close and personal.

Wasn't really ever planning on having children anyhow....

Reactions: psycho

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.