• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Radio Recommendations ?

Toggle switch

Looks like a switch for the infamous expander kit. I guess the genius was in the middle of drilling out the bottom mic bracket hole then realized the switch wouldn't fit there.
I have seen people put controls on the back of radios for variable power, talkback, and extra channels. :laugh:
I'll pass. At one time that was a nice radio.

Looks like a switch for the infamous expander kit. I guess the genius was in the middle of drilling out the bottom mic bracket hole then realized the switch wouldn't fit there.
I have seen people put controls on the back of radios for variable power, talkback, and extra channels. :laugh:
I'll pass. At one time that was a nice radio.

Did I mention that it's well ventilated?! (y)

I definantly pass. I've bought better stuff.

I hate to see holes drilled in nice radios like that.
Another one is when the screws on the cases are worn out and do not match, 6 black screws and 2 silver ones.....love it.

Jeff

I hate to see holes drilled in nice radios like that.
Another one is when the screws on the cases are worn out and do not match, 6 black screws and 2 silver ones.....love it.

Jeff

The one time I got smoked on Ebay was on a Uniden PC-244 which was described as Unused New Old Stock.
The radio had an expander kit installed in it and the infamous old rusty non matching screws with the heads stripped. A extra channel map was included too!!!!! The radio didn't even work! I contacted the seller and he refused to refund my money and then he said "If you open up a dispute I will delay the process for as long as possible". I have been very lucky on Ebay but being a cynic helps in that regard.
Expander Kits in the AX-144, AR-144, and PC-244 radios were well known to lock up the PLL so I would have NEVER bought that radio at any price.
Holes in the cases of nice radios are a red flag to me.
I did buy a complete NOS Colt 485 Black Shadow mobile that had scratches for $150, but it was stock and worked perfect so it was all good.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.