• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Radio repair services

TXRiverRat

New/old timer CBer
Jun 18, 2019
Austin TX area
Has anyone ever received any CB radio repair services from "CB Man" (CBMANTN@gmail.com)? Pros/Cons; He’s set up at a truck stop in TN, and travels to several truck stops up and down the TN area Interstates. He’s had a couple of my radios for over 8 months and I’m not getting much assistance or positive news from him. Just wondering if anyone else has done business with him? Good or Bad?

First red flag, "traveling repairman".' Second red flag is the google search I did on CBMAN. Even the truckers dont like him much. This is from 2014...Screenshot_2020-02-28-11-49-32.png

Reactions: walterjn
I learned the hard way too. Lost a Royce 642 base to Junebug at BMK amps a bunch of years ago. I sent it to him for repair, he sent it to "triple nickel" to be worked on and it "disappeared". Since then ive been much more careful.
Hopefully you can track this guy down and get your gear back untouched.

Even a shop that is well known for doing some of the best work around can be hit and miss. I bought sever radios both Base and Mobil I haven’t had any service from them. Talking to a few guys they go early Saturday morning and have work done. Others drop stuff off and wait a year ??? One guy I know said that his radio came up in the repair list and they didn’t call him when finished. As it turned out they sold his radio.

Do you fog it just a smidge with some black aerosol paint?
Give it the proper “smoked” look?

Now, boys, this here’s the one I was telling you about. That night back in aught-six when . . . . “

Nope when I declare a radio as deceased I dip it in used motor oil and light it up and let it burn out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.