• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cb radio Service Manuals

thank you Mike. looks good.
you did a very good job cleaning these up. glad you were able to do them.

for some reason I am having a problem downloading this one. it keeps making some of the pages so small I can not read them. some are the right size and some are very small. you have any idea?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bombardier
...for some reason I am having a problem downloading this one. it keeps making some of the pages so small I can not read them. some are the right size and some are very small. you have any idea?
This one was a mess to deal with. To begin with, it was scanned in as a color image which it is not. This caused a lot of grief in the clean-up. Are you having a problem downloading or is it viewing it? Some viewers have a "auto" option that fits image to a page size. Try another viewer such as the free Nitro;

https://www.gonitro.com/pdf-reader

Also try the Google options that are available. "Open with" Google docs or Lumin PDF. Try the print option as well and see what results.

Last edited:
when I view it is is fine. when I down load it to my computer it messes up. some pages are the right size and others are very small. in fact most of the pages are small. just will not down load right for some reason. I have tried every one of the viewers and still the same. even went to google to down load it and still does not load right. I tried reloading book 6 and it comes out just fine. I am going to save it as print to files and see if that will correct it. I will let you know.

even when I print to pdf files it comes out with some pages very small. I will keep trying different ways to down load it and see what happens.
have you tried to down load it from the location you put it to see if down loads for you the right way.
thanks Mike for your help

the last one does the same thing. will have to try to figure out what is going wrong on my end. I can down load any of the others again and they work just fine. just this one does not like me for some reason.

I just went through cleaning every thing out on my computer and even ran some programs to check for malware that took over 1 hour to run and did not find any thing. reloaded and still the same with most pages real small..

would be nice if some one else would down load the file and see if they have the same problem. what gets me is I can reload any of the other 6 and they come out just fine..
I even tried printing it to files and it still went bonkers on me.
you did a good job Mike with them. just got to figure out what is wrong with my one down load.. I was thinking about saving it to a usb stick instead of my hard drive to see if it still goes off the wrong way.. I am planning on putting them either on a zdvd or a usb stick any way. will try this later tonight. I am so tired since I have been up over 36 hours with out any sleep. about to pass out right now.
thank you Mike. after I sleep for a while I will try again.
Johnie

Volume 7 appears to have only one very-minor quirk.

The contents page appears to have been scanned at a higher resolution than the rest. Acrobat fills the screen horizontally at 300% resolution for the cover and for pages 3 and beyond.

Page 1 fills the whole screen at 200%.

No page 2. And if it was "intentionally left blank", so what?

Thanks for your fine efforts, Mike.

Mike did a fantastic job making these readable. I hope every one else likes them the way I do. for years the old crappy scans were very hard to read. most of the time if I could not find a mod some where else I would try to look at the old scans and most of the time just stop looking in the Master Mods books . after a few minutes my eye's would start to water from the strain looking at them.. now I can read them.

I know Mike put hours into fixing each book so it could be read.. I did a few book scans a few years ago that were like these old scans and it would take a good 4 hours on each book to make them look good.. those were some of the old secret CB books before cbtricks put them up on the site.. I only did a couple of them . I had bought a disk with the books scanned and for sale on ebay. about 2002. Bennie did not have much back then on the site.
I lost the software when I went from windows98 to XP and the program I had would not work on XP.
So Mike thank you very much for the clean scans. I am going to set down and start looking to see just what all is in the book.
I laid down and slept for a few minutes. which I could get more than 15 to 20 minutes of sleep when I get so tired.. this is going to kill me if I do not get more sleep at one time. for some reason the sleeping pills the Doc gave me do not even work.
have a good night guy's.
Johnie

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated