• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB radio shops in NJ in the 70's 80's & 90's

I agree with dumpster. Tv is a good old school tech back for round 2 over by TA in Paulsboro. The guy has done a couple radios and a base amp for me. I can talk wherever I like, whenever I like no matter the conditions. I wont have anyone else work on my radios!

Was the guys name George by any chance?? If so I helped him put that antenna up in the mid to late 70's. If were talking about the same guy he's in Monroe Twp very clsoe to the Old Bridge border

Are you referring to George Marklin of Mark Radio from Fords, he would have to be in his eighties today.

There were so many CB shops back in the day; recall frequenting IEI at it's original location in Lawrence Harbor before relocating to Airport Plaza in Hazlet, another one in Colonia on Rt. 35 near the Carvel but the name escapes me.

Even recall taking trips to Rt. 22 near Scotch Plains to visit the old Lafayette dealer as a child that did a bang up business. Many dealers lasted only a few years during the boom very few managed to stay in business after interest in CB faded.

Still recall going to Perth Amboy to purchase replacement tubes from Nicholas Television he didn't carry allot of CB gear but was very knowledgeable about older equipment.

He's talking about George Jasko from Monroe Twp. He used to go by Sparky on the air.

Are you referring to George Marklin of Mark Radio from Fords, he would have to be in his eighties today.

There were so many CB shops back in the day; recall frequenting IEI at it's original location in Lawrence Harbor before relocating to Airport Plaza in Hazlet, another one in Colonia on Rt. 35 near the Carvel but the name escapes me.

Even recall taking trips to Rt. 22 near Scotch Plains to visit the old Lafayette dealer as a child that did a bang up business. Many dealers lasted only a few years during the boom very few managed to stay in business after interest in CB faded.

Still recall going to Perth Amboy to purchase replacement tubes from Nicholas Television he didn't carry allot of CB gear but was very knowledgeable about older equipment.

CB Repair Shops & TV Parts Stores In Trenton NJ

I used to hang out at Electronic World on Hamilton Ave in Trenton, NJ. Lou the owner was a really nice person who helped me out many times. Lou was a ham and influenced me in getting my ham ticket. I also remember Jackson Distributors that was on Genesse St in Trenton, NJ. This store had everything, CB;s, scanners, TV parts, books, you name it! Both stores are gone but the good memories remain.

TV man has his own shop on the PA side near I 95 and state or street rd. he has a radio in the shop give him a shout and he will give you directions

By far the best radio tech it's ever been my pleasure to deal with was Mark Radio which was located in the basement of a private home in Fords, NJ. As a teenager in the early-mid seventies used to marvel at the Hallicrafter Cyclones and Comanches that we're popular at the time. He sold just about every popular line and was especially skilled when it came to Brownings. I recall my family purchasing several radios from him over the years. It was a sad day when he closed shop.

Mark Radio was the best. He wouldn't rip you off was honest about radios. I wish there was someone as honest as he was. He always showed me radios I could only wish I could afford. I remember buying a Johnson 223 from him. I asked could he put a switch in to dim the lights as I liked to hunt people early in the morning. Yep no problem.

He also had an attachment for the Shakespeare antenna that seemed to work well.

Years later I got my ham license and called Mark just to pass some time and he was impressed that I had my extra class license.

He was a real gentlemen and I will never forget him. He did pass away several years ago.

Good times never to be forgotten.

Earl's Bayville moved to fla late 90's don't think he was ever busted.
IEI Airport plaza
What's his names off the rt35 bridge in neptune.
Spikes in neptune
Daves Pitman

White Dot Communications is still selling CB's and car stereo stuff at the Rt 206 and Rt 70 traffic circle I believe. It's a combo breakfast joint/ CB shop. Never bought any equipment there, but stop in for a bacon egg & cheese once and awhile...Been there since the '80 maybe earlier.

Actually White Dot Communications is at the Rt 206 and Rt 38 intersection. Just went by there last week.

Slightly off topic.... I do not know much about the shops on the East Coast but I remember a few from other areas around the country. It may be a good idea to expand this, the stories may be of interest with humor and history.

73 mechanic

White dotte is still there. Anyone remember CPI across from Larsen's Turkey Farm? They changed to Godfather's. There was Eric on Bayway Circle. Frank in Piscataway. I used to go to Earl's too. I remember there was some kind of place down 295 that would bring you to Dave(Made) if you spent enough, lol.

Wow, trip down memory lane. Lol

I don't know if he's still around, but at exit 5 in Maybrook, New York on the road to the TA travel center, there's a guy called Bladerunner who I heard over the years does some work on them. Not sure as I said, if he's still around or not. CB repairmen are a dying breed. It's a shame too.
He has passed away unfortunately.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.