• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB radio shops in NJ in the 70's 80's & 90's

Feb 22, 2011
How many cb radio shops can you remember in central and souther nj from back in the 70's 80's & 90's. Can you remember the service that you got from the techs names & shops of the old days? That's an interesting thought considering how few there are nowadays. "313"

well I only got into CB in the 90s. rat shack was my first purchase.
went to mark radio in fords for my base antenna and coax. he got me up to speed for starting out.( before I Got my license)
used CB exchange in piscataway for a 2950 purchase. and later a grant xl purchase ( they put a 4 tone roger beep in for me) service was good for me
my favorite place for service was micro mart in westfield the guy there did great work with peak and tune as well as extra channels.
and of course newport bay in brunswick. still use them for things.

There was a guy in Bayville, NJ. that worked out of his house . I got a nice radio from him for a good price . That was the mid 90's and I had the radio until 2008 with out any problems . Another guy named ROADRUNNER was around then too ,he made house calls . Those were the days .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.