• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Repair Shop Recommendations

riverrat373

Aug 2, 2012
I live in the Pacific Northwest and am looking for some recommendations on good shops that will accept mail-in repairs. Has anyone heard of R&R Communications in Wilmington, DE? How about Walcott Radio in Walcott, IA? Do they do good work? Are their service fees reasonable? I am looking to get a tune-up and peak , add some colored LEDS in the meters and channel readout to a Robyn SB-520D. I just purchased this radio on Ebay recently and it looks super. It seems to work OK but I want it checked over before I start using it full time.:unsure:

I found the website but it appears that they only do Galaxy and Cobra radios.. I will call tomorrow and find out for sure. Thanks for the info Robb!

I live in the Pacific Northwest and am looking for some recommendations on good shops that will accept mail-in repairs. Has anyone heard of R&R Communications in Wilmington, DE? How about Walcott Radio in Walcott, IA? Do they do good work? Are their service fees reasonable? I am looking to get a tune-up and peak , add some colored LEDS in the meters and channel readout to a Robyn SB-520D. I just purchased this radio on Ebay recently and it looks super. It seems to work OK but I want it checked over before I start using it full time.:unsure:
There are some good recommendations in this thread: https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/which-cb-shops-are-still-accepting-mail-in-repairs.202763/

Reactions: Redbeard U812
I'd recommend Chris Holland at 'The Radio Shop' in Ontario, CA (southern CA). Don't know of a shop I'd trust in the NW; in fact I don't know ANY shop in the NW for that matter.Phone number (909) 390-5056

I have sent my Magnum twice to Chris Holland. He has got the radio back in great working condition both times. I only had a two week turnaround this last time and the repair and shipping price was very reasonable.

Just had Walcott work on a 2950, DJM did the work & all was done superbly. Just sent them a 2990 & another 2950.
Walcott all the way.

Les is pairing a Hornet 2x4HD w/ a new 2995 for me we shall see how that comes out.

I lived in Wa state from 2007-2017 and never found a west coast tech. I either sent my stuff east or it went in the pile and I bought another.
Reminds me of the time I sent Junebug of BMK amps a Royce 642 base to refurbish and he "lost it". Lost it my ass but thats an old story. My point is always send radios out with the expectation of never seeing it again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.