• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks site UPDATES/THREAD MERGERS

Anyone in North Carolina who can go by his address? Visit him in the hospital if thats where he is? See if there is an obituary and surviving family, most importantly the executor of any possible will. Maybe have to hire a a lawyer if there is no will and it goes to probate.
If you cant contact him, family is the next step. Anything else wont gain access to the content everyone wants to keep alive.
My suggestion is to do some public searching and paying a few bucks for some real info. Looks to be around $40 for a month or so. Contact family and make plea to keep their familys work alive.
A state search I did revealed some family names that need further searching and possible contact but again even the state wanted $$$ for info.
How bad do we want to try and keep this info alive? How many hours is someone willing to spend to save all of it?
I am willing to help, I am retired and also willing to pay the site fees and maintain it. CB has been a great hobby and way of life for me and recently I just began learning how these radios actually work. It would be a shame for al that hard work to dwindle away and be forgotten. Count me in

I am willing to help, I am retired and also willing to pay the site fees and maintain it. CB has been a great hobby and way of life for me and recently I just began learning how these radios actually work. It would be a shame for al that hard work to dwindle away and be forgotten. Count me in
Thank you for your offer, im sure it will be kept in mind.
Right now whats needed I think is someone willing to search and make contact with family and find out the exact situation. Willing to possibly piss away $50 and/or some hours of online searching, calling old numbers, and mailing letters to possible family. From there one can decide what direction to move next if there is a direction and maybe we as a radio community can help the family in some way.
Maybe someone here has a background check subscription who can search some names to find some family contact info? I have ideas and a little time but ive been down with the flu and now it seems a kidney infection the last few weeks so ive been home from work and cash is on the lean side.
Im also not so sure this should all play out in a public forum. Im open to a private multi person conversation and if possible/needed make updates to the public thread?
Any thoughts are very welcome.

Ok so im not a very patient person sometimes so instead of waiting for a donor I paid for a 1 month subscription to Been Verified. The cost was $23 and has provided some useful info. I believe I have contact info for Bennies daughter. I have emailed her amd will try several phone numbers later in the day.
Edited:
Cost covered thank you folks.

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-02-09-10-18-42.png
    Capture+_2020-02-09-10-18-42.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Ok so im not a very patient person sometimes so instead of waiting for a donor I paid for a 1 month subscription to Been Verified. The cost was $23 and has provided some useful info. I believe I have contact info for Bennies daughter. I have emailed her amd will try several phone numbers later in the day.
Im by no means financially stable, especially as of lately so any help covering the Been Verified bill would be appreciated. I mean, its not like im going to starve but money is tight.
My paypal is johnjaytokin@gmail.com and I thank everyone in advance. View attachment 34179
Tokin,

Your desire to help is greatly noted.

But if you don't have the money to spend.....don't spend it! There are many people here that have downloaded information concerning their radios, myself included, that are more than willing to get information out concerning certain radios.

Again I commend your effort, but I find asking reimbursement for verification of distant persons to be a bit lacking in proper etiquette. If you don't have it, don't spend it.

I am very sure things will turn up a solution. Just have to be patient.

Last edited:
Tokin,

Your desire to help is greatly noted.

But if you don't have the money to spend.....don't spend it! There are many people here that have downloaded information concerning their radios, myself included, that are more than willing to get information out concerning certain radios.

Again I commend your effort, but I find asking reimbursement for verification of distant persons to be a bit lacking in proper eddicate. If you don't have it, don't spend it./
Etiquette and I was always taught that rarely do you get punched in the face for asking. If someone wants to contribute fine and if not fine.
Your concern and poor spelling has been noted :D

The loss is the info contained within. No one really cares about the same attitudes still found around the radio forums today. Some of meanest old farts had a ton of info to share. Just the pickings of some great minds who are being lost to time but their info doesn't have to necessarily.
I guess I am One of The Old Farts I turned 68 to day ! was on C B T

So to avoid any potential bullshit everything is covered. Thank you everyone.
If I recieve any response to my calls, emails and possible snail mails ill let you know.

Dang I got bumped off as I was Saying I was a lone time Member of C B Tricks! a lot of us that are on this site . Bennie was and still is a old Fart like the rest of us A good old Fart !. WE are not dead !We just smell that way!! Norman and Loose Cannon the Real pork Chop ..Just a few of Us Old Farts... What are you trying to say Young one ???

I had the privilege of being there from about 2007 all the way until the sight went down. Matter of fact, I had just posted a link to a crystal element substitute or something of that nature right before the forum part of it petered out. Even had a few looking at me thinking my link caused something and even I to this day hope that wasn't the case. I'd love to contribute however possible to the cause of possibly saving all the knowledge that was stored there. Now even with the information section being down makes matters worse.

A big question I have is how were the rf limited, palomar, magnum guys still able to add their information to the information part of cbt? My suspicions of them somehow being affiliated with it grew more in the last month or so because those guys are now in somewhat of a whirlwind with Rutledge no longer there, their phone numbers or emails not working and all right around the same time the cbt forum section has gone down with it not coming back. I can't help but wonder even though it's only a gut feeling, but I can't tell you how many times that gut feeling has been right...

Edited:
Cost covered thank you folks.[/QUOTE
Okay, So I feel like someone should start a GoFundMe page in Benny or his daughter's name, to get the page back up and running. I'll give the first $100

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?