• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks

Hankwesty

Jan 19, 2015
Looking for a CB Tricks member to PM me, I have a shop manual to donate in PDF form.
I have tried to email with their link on the web page but no jueno.
Thank you
hank

They haven't been taking new members for almost 10 years now. Not sure why, you must be extra exclusive and superior to be on their forum I guess. I'm sure more than a few of us have tried and even could contribute factory documents. Their loss.

Reactions: Steve_Buckeye
The last registered member of CBtricks joined on february 9th 2014. no one has been able to join since then, and none of the members of the forum know why.

I don't want to mention anyone by name in a public forum, but most CB forum users know who owns and maintains(?) the CBtricks website.
That person has not been able to be reached for comment for a long while now.

We want new members!
forums die without new members.

there may be a solid reason the site owner has locked the membership, but none of us know what that reason might be.

there were a couple of updates to the main page of the site not too long ago, so we know the owner is still at least somewhat involved, but no answers to emails, and no input from the owner on the forum in a long time.

It is an almost constant topic over there, and the lack of communication has us worried that the site and the forum might go away at some point without notice.

there is no elitism going on, just no one with any power to change anything except the site owner.

I do want to say that i have had dealings with the site owner in the past, and he was incredible helpful, and gracious. he even sent me some free radio parts once.
great guy, just AWOL.

to be sure, every member of the CBtricks forum is hopeful that new members are allowed to join at some point in the near future.
LC

The last registered member of CBtricks joined on february 9th 2014. no one has been able to join since then, and none of the members of the forum know why.

I don't want to mention anyone by name in a public forum, but most CB forum users know who owns and maintains(?) the CBtricks website.
That person has not been able to be reached for comment for a long while now.

We want new members!
forums die without new members.

there may be a solid reason the site owner has locked the membership, but none of us know what that reason might be.

there were a couple of updates to the main page of the site not too long ago, so we know the owner is still at least somewhat involved, but no answers to emails, and no input from the owner on the forum in a long time.

It is an almost constant topic over there, and the lack of communication has us worried that the site and the forum might go away at some point without notice.

there is no elitism going on, just no one with any power to change anything except the site owner.

I do want to say that i have had dealings with the site owner in the past, and he was incredible helpful, and gracious. he even sent me some free radio parts once.
great guy, just AWOL.

to be sure, every member of the CBtricks forum is hopeful that new members are allowed to join at some point in the near future.
LC
I am a member of cbtricks since 4-17-2012. If you have a file you wish to upload send it to me and I'll get to them and give you the credit for it. Then you could join would be my guess.

Reactions: Odancoiler
sorry, but unless something has changed, you will not be able to upload a file to the site.

If you know something i don't, please let me know, as i have about 10 files i would like to see on the site.
LC

great guy, just AWOL.

The individual is going through the wringer with personal and family problems. I believe he was or is affiliated CBRadioTalk and that board went down for a while and came back.

Tallman, I don't have any more info than you do, but i seriously doubt the owner of CBtricks would be affiliated with the cbtalk forum.

do both his first and last names begin with the same letter?
if not, it's not the owner of CBtricks.com.
LC

I been a member since '08 and have seen the site go down a few times. B rarely post anything but I do know he runs a site across the pond. Not sure why the membership locked up but forum has been pretty active.

Maybe a good time for someone to try and back up the forum over there for prosperity. Since I've never been on, I can't say for sure, but I imagine it's a wealth of trouble shooting information :(

The individual is going through the wringer with personal and family problems. I believe he was or is affiliated CBRadioTalk and that board went down for a while and came back.
I want to Thank everybody for your help, I'm not a tech. I bought the manual in case I needed repair for mine (TRC 485) but it would be wasteful for me not to share it.
Again Thank you
hank

Hank, I share your frustration. After literally thousands of hours of work putting together the CB Tricks main site, the owner's life got busy.

Won't elaborate, but he's on the job as sysadmin, keeping the script kiddies from screwing it up. I know this for a fact because my company site is on the same server. Now and again there is a brute-force attack on the site and he'll take it completely down and wait for them to go and play elsewhere. Seems that would-be web site burglars have a short attention span.

But as for updates, it's not a priority at the moment. The site is the owner's private project, and AFAIK nobody else has any admin access to the site or its content. He took down the contributions link when he saw that new updates would not be coming along. Felt it wasn't fair to accept funds if the content isn't being expanded.

As for the forum on that site, consider how many spammers you find posting on this forum. None that I have seen. I can tell you that this is the result of someone patrolling the new signups for spammers and deleting them before they can log in. Not sure how many person-hours a week it takes to keep up with that on this forum. It takes more hours than Bennie has available for the CBT forum, so new signups get turned on only for a brief period on rare occasions. As soon as it's made available again, literally hundreds of spammers try to sign up. I was briefly authorized to approve new members a few years ago, and the sheer massive volume of spammer signups was a revelation to me. The proportion of spam signups to legitimate signups was really, really high.

I got fooled and let a few of them through. Kinda laborious to go through and delete all the SPAM posts after that member gets banned.

But it's ultimately a labor issue. Good help is hard to find, and free help is seldom good help.

Jeez, Nomad. I had no idea that kind of crap was so out of control.

By far, it has consistently been the best resource over the years for me. Sonoma, jersey, Laz, -andy, all these guys have saved me many hours and taught me a great deal. Things have slowed down so much that I'm getting concerned it won't be around long.

I think I keep these guys about as busy as anyone when it comes to all the problems these viet nam Galaxy radios have.

cbradiosPronto, how are you doing. I do not repair much any more only my own radios and a few friends when needed. my wife had the stroke in 2012 so I have to stay inside and keep an eye on her now. I have some used radios I have bought and need to repair but just have them setting for now. a 29XLR gold, galaxy44, and a trc-465 I just purchased so I need to get them working. for what I do not know since I only have 2 vehicles to put them in. I have about 25 or so mobiles I have bought for some weird reason and just let them set after repairing them. I only buy some hard to get radios and repair just for fun. but right now some are waiting on me repairing them.

hate that cbtricks is getting slower as far as people on it now.I joined in the fall of 2001 and we only had a hand full of guy's on it then. still a few of the old timers over there but not many participating any more. so do not be a stranger some are still active when needed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.