• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB WORLD INFORMER

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
How could I have forgotten ? My bad. Another fine site with very good reviews and help topics on channel mod's and boards ect.ect. Looks like they can use some updating but top notch all the same. CB WORLD INFORMER

I don't don't know how you culda forgot either. I think it was you linking to their Aries A-SWR 460 review.

I'm not sure that they are active any longer.

IM not sure about that ? but it reminds me of a guy that had a great PLL web page , (best I had ever seen) then one day I went there to do some checking and there was a note written by the owner stating he was upset about others copying his work so he shut down his site )-: I do believe there is a way to stop others from copying and pasting from your site if need be. I wrote the dude and told him that he should have been proud of what he had going on and that it was a shame that he felt the need to shut it down. I understand to a degree how the guy felt ,he said that they were using his stuff for there sites without even stating where the info had came from as if it were there own , I think DTB has even mentioned displeasure about others doing the same thing with his ? or at least I think it was him ? I personally think the ones that are proud of there work really don't have a problem with sharing the wealth , like
I said ,if they really wanted too ,they could just put blockers on there stuff from being copied. I give most of these guys prop's for there sites and I tend to make that well noted ahead of time. If I remember right ? I think it was Wholesale CB Radio that pissed off DTB ? I hear there out of business now ?

I tried e-mail Bob F. 3 times now about CBWorldInformer if he is going to ever revive it but no reply. I think its a good read.

I often wonder about this stuff ? Do these folks pay for these sites or is it a one time deal and it just floats around the Internet forever and ever ? I like this Bob F.'s site but it looks as if it hasn't been updated in a few years or so . Kind of makes me wonder about what's really going on ? Hmmmmm

if that's the case ? really kind of makes me wonder more why he hasn't updated in quite some time. hmmmm

Switch Kit said:
if that's the case ? really kind of makes me wonder more why he hasn't updated in quite some time. hmmmm

When you have a mid-to-large website, along with a day job, maybe wife and kids, it's easy to get sidetracked and put it on the back burner for that rainy day that never comes.

well .if it's being paid for ? so be it . 4 years is a long time without rain )-: I really like the site , just a shame it hasn't been updated for so long .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.