• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB3PP-FP power plug

Greg T

WDX-945 (Jazz Singer) Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Sep 18, 2014
Escanaba, Michigan
Does anyone know of a good online supplier who has these?? I can only find them on Ebay and Kens Electronics. I don't have an Ebay account after they screwed me, and I can't seem to get a response from Kens. This is a standard piece that everyone uses, yet, nobody sells!! I want to make a couple of 10ga and 8 ga power cords for the bench. Part number is CB3PP-FP

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 6
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 6

He has always been straight with me, nice on the phone and I have received everything I paid for.
He had a owners manual and service manual for a obscure old Robyn radio I had, I expected photo copies, he sent actual factory manuals.
Jeff

Reactions: NZ8N and Greg T
He has always been straight with me, nice on the phone and I have received everything I paid for.
He had a owners manual and service manual for a obscure old Robyn radio I had, I expected photo copies, he sent actual factory manuals.
Jeff
Sounds good. I'll give him a try. Hopefully won't leak my credit card info. Maybe I can get him to send me a pay pal invoice. Thanx!

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Sounds good. I'll give him a try. Hopefully won't leak my credit card info. Maybe I can get him to send me a pay pal invoice. Thanx!
I've ordered from Ken's a few times. Once by phone, one of his assistants (maybe his only one) answered and took my order.

Another time was via eBay, didn't know it was him. He called me to make sure I was ordering the right part, still had the number from my previous order. So I'll definitely give him props for customer service.

Save your money... I was thinking the same thing and received 2 from Ken yesterday. I dont see getting that size wire in that connector... You would better off changing the power connector on the radio to the HR2510 connector and then ordering a heavy duty power cord for a 2510 radio

Reactions: Greg T
Save your money... I was thinking the same thing and received 2 from Ken yesterday. I dont see getting that size wire in that connector... You would better off changing the power connector on the radio to the HR2510 connector and then ordering a heavy duty power cord for a 2510 radio
They come with 12ga wires. Don't think a 10ga will fit?

Reactions: Eldorado828
He sent 2 cut-off connectors with extra pins... i opened it up and it was using 16 gauge wires inside and it was crowded making the bend around the screw thread area.... So NO, I dont think 10 would fit. I put them in the box in my closet and told myself well you just wasted $18

He sent 2 cut-off connectors with extra pins... i opened it up and it was using 16 gauge wires inside and it was crowded making the bend around the screw thread area.... So NO, I dont think 10 would fit. I put them in the box in my closet and told myself well you just wasted $18
He sent used connectors? According to the pics these are new and unused. Hhhhhmmmmm ... I'll have to ask about that. I'm not going to accept a cut-off end of a cord.

The connectors looked brand new/unused but had wires soldered /crimped in the 2 pins.. Like I said earlier he provided 2 unused pins with each connector to replace these.. YES they are the cut off ends of an new power connector that was factory wired.. Also the 2 screws are really tiny, you need like a sewing machine screwdriver to get them out which I had. good luck

If the larger gauge doesn’t fit I break out my Dremel. I try to be consistent throughout with the larger than normal gauge wire that usually comes with an automotive spade fuse dongle, so modifying some of my used plugs is the only option. Saving all my used plugs has paid off, but I still have a few radios that need a plug of their own instead of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

The connectors looked brand new/unused but had wires soldered /crimped in the 2 pins.. Like I said earlier he provided 2 unused pins with each connector to replace these.. YES they are the cut off ends of an new power connector that was factory wired.. Also the 2 screws are really tiny, you need like a sewing machine screwdriver to get them out which I had. good luck
Yep, those screws are small and easily lost. Use caution when you tighten them. A snug fit is all that's necessary, otherwise you will strip out the plastic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.