• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CBC International Lou Franklin

One other question
Do any of you get an email notification from the forum when someone replies to your post. I get nothing and I just check my settings and all seem to be correct to get notified when someone responds to my post or post im following?

thanks

I'm in the process of downloading the entire, current, radio section of "http://cbtricks.xyz/". I'll update when done (gonna take awhile). It "seems" to be doing OK as of now, the Galaxy section is downloading 1st for some reason but 99+% of the files seem to be valid. I'll be putting it on an external 1T SSD and hopefully preserving a little bit of the knowledge there.
144inBama How do you get to download the cbtricks site can you tell me please as I would also like to get a backup. thanks

Let me know if your e mail notices work now.
I have tried calling and e mailing Lou for months now, his voice mail has not been updated since Dec of 2020 and not a word from him back.
All you get is a canned reply.
As for CB tricks it's gone except for archives on the web.
Mole posted that he has a copy of the discs and he was going to upload them here.
Don't know where he is at on that project.
Jeff

Let me know if your e mail notices work now.
I have tried calling and e mailing Lou for months now, his voice mail has not been updated since Dec of 2020 and not a word from him back.
All you get is a canned reply.
As for CB tricks it's gone except for archives on the web.
Mole posted that he has a copy of the discs and he was going to upload them here.
Don't know where he is at on that project.
Jeff
No the email notice for me is still not working as yours and the next response also

144inBama How do you get to download the cbtricks site can you tell me please as I would also like to get a backup. thanks
144in Bama Im trying the HtTrak and seems its not downloading the site correctly.
Is there some settings i need to get a complete download of a good mirror site.
Thanks if you can help appreciated.

it takes about 1 minute and its finished and there are about 5 folders with some stuff in them and I know its not correct.
***Update seems all im downloading is all the url location Html not actual files that i can view off line that im sure the 4 set dvd is for to view off line.

Last edited:
Ok let me try this i will give 2 Expo 100 A kits that will add 80 extra channels to the cobra 29s and radios that use the same pc board easy 3 wire install, about 60 radios to the first person to help me get the 4 dvd copies of CB Tricks. I just have a feeling the mirror sites are gonna go down and of course the actual site is not up. And the mirror sites some dont have all the information. So if someone wants to do a trade for 2 Expo 100 A kits i'm game. I'm looking for it in file format not html so I can read off line.

thanks

I donated when I was not able to view content, after donating $40.00, I was able to access everything on the site. Somebody must have been running the show. This donation was around when it just had new owners of the site, around when it went to ( CB Tricks 2020 2021 ). About last Spring early Summer, if I am correct
The site that you gave money to was not the real site with the real owner. Someone simply stole the information and started charging people money for it. The real website and the site you gave money to were both in operation at the same time at one point.

144in Bama Im trying the HtTrak and seems its not downloading the site correctly.
Is there some settings i need to get a complete download of a good mirror site.
Thanks if you can help appreciated.

it takes about 1 minute and its finished and there are about 5 folders with some stuff in them and I know its not correct.
***Update seems all im downloading is all the url location Html not actual files that i can view off line that im sure the 4 set dvd is for to view off line.

The archive site is being difficult to copy. The xyz did fine but was missing huge amounts of files. I'll continue to see if I can find a work around or something.

The archive site is being difficult to copy. The xyz did fine but was missing huge amounts of files. I'll continue to see if I can find a work around or something.
How can you download for of web viewing i used the HTtrak and all i get is url http links i need the actual file s do view off line. I have plenty of mirror sites to try. Yes the xyz site has many missing sites

There are a couple of things he (Lou) offers... that I'd like to have.....
I may just make an order through the regular way on his site....and consider it "not too much to lose" if I got no response......

I may just make an order through the regular way on his site....and consider it "not too much to lose" if I got no response......
What you do is fill out an order form and send it in. Then he will acknowledge the order and then you can pay.

what you looking for on his site?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.