• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CBC International Lou Franklin

Luck you ordered the 3 books few years ago as off his site cost triple the cost. If anyone knows of a pdf download of the books please pm me or post here.

thanks

I just looked at his site...and the 3 book set is the same price that I paid....
BUT....
there is also a notice claiming that there will be a price increase in early 2022.

So ... SOMEBODY is there running things.......

I purchased his remaining assets for the Channel Guard filters.
Rick

I emailed Lou a few years ago after he had eye surgery, re: Channel Guard Filters, his reply was that he had stopped selling them around 2011, no sales enough to warrant them, and that he had dropped them from his web site for order. He had long since dropped the 455kc version years before.

So, I designed my own boards.

20220111_220305-.jpg

These are 1/2 the size of The Lou Franklin version, all SMD except for the short crystals. Power and Ground are the top 2 terminals, In and Out are the bottom 2. The next batch will not have silkscreening, but will have the terminal identifiers in the copper. I designed these and ordered boards made over 2 years ago, but had a few setbacks. I have 7.8 MHz and 10.695 MHz versions.

NZ8N, do you sell the channel guards you speak of? I emailed Lou long, long ago and bought one or two of the very last 7.8’s he still had even though they were dropped from his website. I would love to get ahold of a few more if possible.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?