• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB's are coming in handy today

park

Sep 30, 2006
Near Austin, TX
We are having a fairly bad winter storm here in central Texas today. And for the first time in years the CB radio is coming in very handy with everyone passing along road conditions to one another and seeing if you need help, etc. instead of the usual "are the scales open?" and others acting like CB rambos. Kinda nice for a change.

here in kerrville the wally world parking lot is full of 18 wheelers!!! hell i called the pd and told them they could use the funeral home parking lot :shock: .. but no takers as of yet!!!

Hell park!! :LOL:

hey undertaker, tell them you got small rooms to let 6.5ftx2ft with soft furnishings that should do it :twisted:

undertaker said:
here in kerrville the wally world parking lot is full of 18 wheelers!!! hell i called the pd and told them they could use the funeral home parking lot :shock: .. but no takers as of yet!!!

Hell park!! :LOL:

Howdy Undertaker

I live up off of exit 247 on I-35 here in Austin. I woke up this morning, checked the conditions outside, and tuned in to channel 19 to listen in on the action. There are a few good little hills and plenty of "4-wheelers" to get in the way around here. As expected there was mayhem aplenty. Cars were sliding off the road and stalling in the middle of the interstate. There was a tractor-trailer stalled in the middle lane with locked up trailer brakes. And on one of the overpasses a driver got out of his rig and just walked away. I never heard what happened to him.

Oh, and a note to drivers that may have come through here. Salt lowers the freezing temperature of water. So you add salt to the ice when you are making ice cream to lower the temperature and you add salt to the ice on the highway to make it melt at temperatures lower than freezing. However, it will still refreeze if it gets cold enough.

Speaking of which, they've run out of deicer in Austin and all fly-overs to Mopac, 183, and 290 and the upper deck on I-35 are closed. You'll have to use surface streets and the lower deck to get around until the temperature goes above freezing. Good luck drivers.

bit-pit, I have a friend down there right now. She played in the ultimate frisbee world championship in Perth a couple months ago and came in fourth. She decided to stay a few more months and really get to travel around and see your homeland. She is loving it! She was telling me how strange it was to celebrate christmas in the summer. Sorry about the tangent, I was just excited to hear from someone from where she's visiting

Perth is a real nice place, long way from Sydney so I don't get there much.
Christmas in summer, yeh, sort of strange I guess, fake snow on Christmas trees and Santa sweating in his red Suit in near 100 degrees...

Keeping it on tangent, 27Mhz is really quiet here, no matter whats happening, never hear any AM, a bit of activity around 34/35/36 LSB, but thats about it.

yo.......

you peeople with the 80 to 95 degree temps
can shove it where the sun doesnt shine :x

is 2 days now of temps in low 20's with single digit wind chill temps

i want to know where the heck the 60 to 73 temps went

this global warming sucks :twisted:

I saw on the news they were plowing snow in LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CA! :shock: :p Can you believe it? Alas, you guys in Texas, we are getting hit next in NC. I was in shirt sleeves Monday @ 73 degrees. Now it's supposed to sleet, and snow/freezing rain. SHEEEESH!!! :evil: Oh well, I've got plenty of fire wood, groceries, and the generator is working.

CWM

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.