• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB's gradually becoming popular again???

Nothing more than normal here.

Might be the winter weather talkers getting their mobiles ready. We have a local net that has been in continuous operation since the late 60's. During the summer you might have 4-6 check-ins. In the winter months 20-30 dudes will participate.

Nothing more than normal here.

Might be the winter weather talkers getting their mobiles ready. We have a local net that has been in continuous operation since the late 60's. During the summer you might have 4-6 check-ins. In the winter months 20-30 dudes will participate.

Could be. But I doubt it. People around here talk year round. There's lots of cars and trucks with antennas stuck on top of them seems like.

I actually notice fewer cb antennas lately. More ham antennas than what I recognize as cb antennas

Winter months in MI I always have a cb in my truck along with a 2m radio.

To assist others on the road as much as I might need it for myself if I get stuck somewhere.

Activty is on the up-swing in the local area as dx has been picking up.
I was suprised by several of the old dino....ah I ment to say older guys back on the radio I have not heard in a while jawing about skip and digging out old radios.

Jeff

Activty is on the up-swing in the local area as dx has been picking up.
I was suprised by several of the old dino....ah I ment to say older guys back on the radio I have not heard in a while jawing about skip and digging out old radios.

Jeff

That could could be as well. Hey, you just can't go to the local Cell Phone Shack (aka Radio Shack :closedeyes:) anymore to browse and buy one. So people thinking about it really have to want a CB bad to drive over to a truck stop or order online.

Back in the early 70's I remember going to a local department store called Mack & Dave's in Huntington, WV on weekends to gawk at the Lafayette CB's and illegal as heck back then, Kris amplifiers. They had a CB department!! Those were the days...hehe.

seems to be a bit more antennas around here locally, but the trend is definitely towards the coilys.

used to be the whips, then the hot ticket was the Wil 5k, now the big guys are all switching to the coil antennas.

maybe i'm just noticing them more because the coilys are so much more obvious than the whips or wilsons.

i guess when people used 'em like fighting sticks, they weren't as noticeable, but now that they're trendy, people are using them as daily driver antennas.

a couple people drive around with two of 'em on their roofs, like they're going to a keydown. in the land of parking garages, drivethroughs, and low freeway overpasses (i've seen people hit 'em with 102" whips on their roofs), they're just asking to destroy those expensive sticks (or they become theft-magnets).

I've noticed quite a few vehicles around with transceiver antennas on them, that look to be for CB, but you don't hear anyone on the radio. :whistle:

LMFAO to "coily" antennas I would NEVER get caught with one of them Fugly looking things on any of my vehicles.... I use a OLD valor sorta base load w/36 inch whip on it on a mag mount( didnt want to drill holes for 102 whip) As far as more CBrs Not where i live maybe in the big city.. But yes there seem to be more trying to shoot skip on them eerrrr "other channels"... ANd boys and girls If you are one of them NUBs PLEASE PLEASE if some one is calling for "International DX" DO NOT come yelling hey such and such this is such and such in the states... because "not being rude" they really do not want to talk to you. They want out of the country DX while it is here.................

I have seen an increase in my area also, I first noticed this about July and it seems to be mostly middle aged men with a few youngsters thrown in the mix. Mostly Wilson/K40 mag's. I thought it was cool for awhile but anytime from 9 am to 9 pm all I hear is 9 pounds of bullshit it my recieve. How long is this solar cycle supposed to last?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.