• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB's gradually becoming popular again???

Just the truck drivers & the chumps running 2 to 4 pill amps here I have not noticed any new cb users here in the last 6 months

If any of you listen to 38LSB at all; you would know that there are far more people on the radio this year than there were just two years ago.

Yes, it is growing. Not at a huge pace, but growing nonetheless. There are easily three times the amount of local SSBers here in the Bay Area of CA since I got back into radio over the last three years.

I have no idea where it is going from here.

Yes it is !!

Not to many new operators on CB in south jersey BUT! a lot of people that have been into cb for say 5,10,20 years are setting up the mobile and the base with a new antenna and new coax... brushing off the dust, and testing radios that have not been on for a year or years. Can't get a break some times after work sometimes.(y)

For the most part it is quite here in the south as far as local go. I do have to agree with some of the other post that there seems to be more people on SSB this year than there was last year. I only got back into radio in December of 2009. 38 LSB has been so crowded a few times recently that 37 and 39 LSB sounded more like 38 usually sounds. I have made a ton of contacts and I am enjoying every minute of this cycle. :D

Been out of the CB's since the mid 80's

I am trying too get radios and power packs up and running again . Tired of the cell, plus in the neighborhood we neeed away to pass information fast these days . So I will asking a lot of questions , and I have mini strokes and some of the post That I make will not make any sense at all. You would be surprised how many people when I let them know I need a few CB's for a neighborhood watch started emailing saying I have this can you and your neighborhood use it . I said yes . Got two base stations coming fro NC 5 CB's from Louisiana , 4 more Mobiles from Mississippi , 8 walkie talkies from Texas . Two towers form here in Nashville . It looks like we are gonna cover the neighborhood .
So far I have had fun in here , reading what you are teaching me again ,
Shade Tree says thank ye

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.