• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CDE Rotor Control Box

TB01

Jan 27, 2011
I recently picked up a couple of these control boxes when i bought a guy out. All I really know about them is that they are used on the ham rotors...
So questions are-

Will this work on my Cd-45II rotor? (Im scared to hook it up and find out lol)

When i hooked it up to the wall outlet i could hear it humming when i pressed brake release and direction, but couldnt get any meter reading. Does it have to be hooked to a rotor in order to get the meter to work?

Thanks, TB

Meter (pointing direction) is only going to work if the rotor is connected. It is feedback from the rotor indicating position from end stops.

Take some time to find schematics for the control box and the rotor. Usually you can get them to work with the correct information.

There can be variation across models for connections even when it is the same number of terminals. One end of the terminal strip can be motor power and the other end potentiometer feedback. Get it wrong and power to the motor can smoke the potentiometer. Don't ask how I know, well maybe it is obvious. :blushing:

Thanks that helps alot! And yea i need to get around to finding schematics for this. But i sure knew better than to hook it up to my other rotor lol. Agains thanks,
TB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.